Register now to get rid of these ads!

Shocks in "front" of A arms...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sinister13, Apr 30, 2006.

1. sinister13

sinister13

I had ask here a while ago if it would work to put shocks on the front side of the a arms, no one really said yes, on one said no, some said they would hit the sway bar. well after lots of thought and some brackett making I got it to work. I could of spent lots of $ and bought the kit from air ride, but I've got less than freight in what I made. The reason I wanted it on the front was because I've still got the 235, 3spd and the clutch linkages made it real difficult to put the shocks behind the A arms. It drove fine with no problems and rides real nice, best thing is that I used the stock shocks to save coin. My system has Airlift 2500 lb bags, Viair 380c compressor, 5 gal harbor freight tank, 50' of 1/4" line, 4 used master image manuel valves and gauges, and with all the little odds and ends I think I've got around $800 in it total. Its not real fast, but I'm not out to do any hoppin', just have it real low and be able to pull in my angled drive way.:cool:

Attached Files:

2. cobiray

cobiray
    from York, PA

Man that looks SWEET! I love those B bodies. How about a tech article to show how it's done?