Register now to get rid of these ads!

Shock-absorbers Help!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Shoeboxke, May 22, 2008.

1. Shoeboxke

Shoeboxke

Hey Guys,
    I lowerd my shoebox with 4"loweringblocks in the back en 2" loweringblocks in front.(and cut the coils 1 turn)
    Wich shock-absorbers do I have to use?Is stock length good enough?:confused:
    And what is the number to order them because mine are still stock Ford and broken!!
    Greetzzz
    [​IMG]

2. Crankhole

Crankhole

Not sure about the front, but stock rears are fine. Rear lowering blocks don't change the shock mounting points.

3. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

Just look at the relationship of the upper and lower shock mounts. If you changed them by 4", then move one mount to restore the relationship.

Alternative shocks would need to be shorter or longer to achieve the same function. i.e. if lowering compressed the shock 1", you would want to move the mounts to extend it back out 1" OR use a shock that is 1" shorter, compressed AND extended, than the original.

4. jonny o

jonny o

Remember, you still might want the full range of motion. Lowering the frame on the axle doesn't meant it needs to move less. Cutting the one coil did shorten the movement a little. You might want to look at how much movement the same points will give you now and consider the range. A pro with those models might be able to advise one that will work, but in general, look at what Scotty suggested.