Register now to get rid of these ads!

shipping questions / help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chillywilly, Oct 22, 2010.

1. chillywilly

chillywilly

I need to get a package from Pittsburgh to Anaheim. UPS is crazy expensive. How do you get a Greyhound quote? How do you locate a relay? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

2. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

My experience is that you have to physically take the package/part to the nearest Greyhound terminal to get a quote. There may be some way to do it online but not that I'm aware of. My experience with Greyhound is also that they're not that much cheaper BUT will take odd shaped things like fenders etc. that UPS has a problem with. My .02

3. long island vic

long island vic

figure the deminions of the box your making,,figure the weight,,,,,,go ion line and find the closest dog by you ,,then the closest dog to the other end....call them and they will do the rest

4. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

5. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

As Vic stated, you can go to their website

http://www.shipgreyhound.com/

Click on quote and enter your items weigh and dimension. Select Pittsburgh and Anaheim and you'll get your quote.

It's reasonable too. I recently had a 51 Merc door shipped from Minn. to san Diego for about $50.

6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

undeleted... sorry about that.

7. chillywilly

chillywilly

Thanks for undeleting!! I was able to take this information and save over $100 !! I'm definately buying the olds trim for my shoebox now!!!