Register now to get rid of these ads!

Shed find 32 3W...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by thequietwon, Aug 25, 2009.

1. skwurl

skwurl

And more. I'll load some video soon . I gotta do some work! Sam is the man. He has built some really cool stuff. He has some great ideas for this ride. I'm sure you guys will dig it. He will do it justice.

Attached Files:

2. Airborne34

Airborne34
    from Texas

I wouldnt chop it, restore as is. Enjoy!!

3. Fogger

Fogger

Congratulations. The driveline is typical of the '50s. The LaSalle trans is one of the strongest ever built. Service all the fluids and lube points and go through everything and get it running. Hang on to the original bumpers and get them replated, they are valuable. What a great find for you and good luck on the rebuild. The FOGGER

4. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

5. mid-mo lacquer

mid-mo lacquer
    from Missouri

keep us posted on progress. chop the next one.

6. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

:DWelcome to the unchopped full fendered 3 window Deuce club:D

Keep the car how it is to preserve the history, I wish mine had hisory like that. I found mine lookig pretty similar in 1998.:cool:

7. coop31

coop31

Killer!
    glad to here you made the deal, Skwurl called me last night and gave me the good news. I know you are geting no sleep because all you think about is that 3w. If you need anything please call.

8. damm that is so cool!

9. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

Do whatever YOU want to do with it man! If it were me, I'd get it streetable, and rub it with a diaper every day! Congrats, you lucky dawg!! :D

10. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

I tell you you don't know what rough is until you've built pa. cars That 32 is mint just a couple patch panels

11. Looks like it was right in town.

Awesome find.

Keep us posted.

JH

12. Hey_Pauly

Hey_Pauly

Awesome, awesome, awesome. Good for you, enjoy the process of bringing it back to life.

As an aside, I wonder why the hell a church across the street would care about someone having a car in their yard?

13. thequietwon

thequietwon

Guys...
    Thanks for all the encouragement. Like I said earlier, the car is rougher than I had hoped but if it was easy it just wouldn't be as cool. I had originally planned on building a lakes style coupe, with an angle chop and laid back a-pillars. After getting the car home, I am thinking about not cutting it at all. Either way, I am thinking that I mght just do the necessary patching and get the car structurally sound & running and drive the car as is for awhile.. if fake patina is cool than the real thing has got to be better!! I am in the process of building a new garage so I have a little time to start gathering sheetmetal..Thanks in advance for all the help and advice that I know you guys will offer ...by the way, is Brookville the only guys making 3w subrails?

14. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

pretty awesome score thanks for telling the story an posting some extraction photos of the car

15. thequietwon

thequietwon

I was told that the pastor of the church told the old man that God had told him that half of his double lot should be donated as a parking lot for the church...when the old man responded that God hadn't told him that, the troubles began...

16. LAWMAN1932

LAWMAN1932
    from deuceville

that is a awsome find....here is my 3 window i found last year in a barn since 1964,ist got a nailhead with dual fours,runs great congrats on your find and ps i am only 28 and love 32s it is great to see other young guys interested in this type of stuff.....lawman

Attached Files:

17. what a great find....do what YOU want,make it your own. congrats

18. Harms Way

Harms Way

Congratulations !,..... what a great find.

19. kieran

kieran
    from San Diego

so someone has to ask, what did you pay for it?

20. The37Kid

The37Kid

Great find! I get aBrookville subframe if the original is shot and replace the rockers and get the doors to close like a vault before thinking about any chop work. Black is a great color for dead straight panels.

21. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

Well said! Now do with what you want...it is your car. Nice score.

22. houseofhotrods

houseofhotrods

Awesome find. Persistance pays off if you work it intelligently. Enjoy it, do what you want with it, above all - get it running and drive it! :)

23. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool, it pays to have a bit of patience. All I can say is that if you chop it don't over chop it. Myself, I think I would fix the bad spots in the body and get it running and safe to drive and enjoy it for a season while I decided just what I wanted to do with and to it.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

24. Congrats man super cool find! Thanks for the pics and the story so far...very neat!!

As for what to do with YOUR car....I like the no chop, and then get it back on the road as is....for now....then enjoy it and in a couple year who knows??

Wow that pastors god was obviously one of those angry, vengeful gods...especially when you don't do as he commands....;)

25. Who said fake patina was cool?

Paint it shiny, then in 20 or 30 years you'll have all the real patina you can handle. People are just so impatient these days.

26. skwurl

skwurl

It was in the middle of town. Not a very good part of town.

27. aceuh

aceuh

That sir is funny! I would of loved to have been there to hear that conversation.

Congrats on your score. Keep us updated on it!

28. RAY With

RAY With

The find is awesome but to be able to get it from the previous owner after all these years is amazing.You really need to document all the information from the old guy for history sake. Cars like this are few and far between and almost unheard of to get from the owner after 40 years.

29. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

Congrats! Just get it running and keep it as is. You'll be surpised how much people it will gather around everywhere you go!!!
    --mika

30. wkends

wkends
    from Kentucky

Pretty cool that you got the car. Its good to hear that people still find them from time to time. I know its a unchopped 32 but I vote for chop that sucker if thats what YOU want. Its your car now. Congrats...........