Register now to get rid of these ads!

shaved door handle parts.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SwitchBlade327, Dec 7, 2003.

1. SwitchBlade327

SwitchBlade327

ok, the control box for my solenoids has gone to shit. Power goes in, but doesn't come out anywhere except one wire that supposed to wire up to the parking lights to make them flash when you hit the button or something. I e-mailed the guy i bought it from to see what the deal was, but if he doesnt' come through I need to know what I'm going to have to do. Is there anywhere you can buy just another box and remotes? I've got it rigged up so i can get in the drivers side by running the solenoid off the one wire that was working. I"m hoping i dont' have to get a whole new kit. If that happens, no one gets christmas from my ass.

2. If the guy you bought it from can't help you, you might be able to use a keyless entry to power your solenoids. I've been using them for a few years now and they have been pretty reliable. You might try your local Pep Boys or Auto Zone for one, or even J.C. Whitney. You can usually pick one up for under $40.00. Good luck! E

3. SwitchBlade327

SwitchBlade327

didn't even think about that. Gonna try to swing by the parts store later tonight so I'll see what they got. Thanks.