Register now to get rid of these ads!

Shades of the Past Show - Help from others

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 41FordVert, Sep 11, 2015.

1. 41FordVert

41FordVert

Had my '33 Ford pickup at the show today. Left the key switch on last night and ran the battery down. Used a jump box to get it started to get to the show this morning. When getting ready to leave the show nothing again, but this time no way to jump truck. A guy from Kentucky brought us a jump box but it wasn't charged enough to work. Another guy brought us another one, but again not strong enough. Both men helped me and my son attempt to roll start - again no luck. A man from Iowa who was on the Power Tour went and got his car to try to jump start. By this time the truck was so flooded it was not going to start. Let set until show was over and finally got it back to the motel. Long story short there are a lot of nice helpful people in this hobby and I was the recipient of much help today. I will definitely try to help the next guy I see who is having trouble!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. .............................So true.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

two way street - you needed help this time, next time the other guy needs it

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  4. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Great hobby with great people... For the most part . Pay it forward

5. It is kind of a rule in my book, to help fellow hotrodders in there hour of need.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  6. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Most car guys will give another car guy a hand. The general public will leave you stranded.

7. A lot of friendly people around here.Bruce.

8. ,,,,,,,,,,,,again, so true.