Register now to get rid of these ads!

Setting deadlines?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevelle bob, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

The "deadline" we usually set is to have a car done and running by some event, like Turkey Run in Daytona, or Billetproof. Rarely have we hit the deadline and if we do it isn't in the year we planned, usually a year or two late. It's amazing how fast a year or 6 months will fly by when you are trying to get a car done by a certain date.

Don

2. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thanks Ted, selling it after 23 years was one of the smartest things I've ever done. The worry is over, I may finish the '30 Roadster in my lifetime, if not my Grandson has a project. Bob :)

3. pila38

pila38

My "goal" is to finish by truck by the time I'm 40. I got it when I was 18. I'm 33 now. Hmmmm...maybe by the time I'm 50?

4. GREASER815

GREASER815

Nope, I prefer not to make my hobby feel like a second job. Sometimes you need time away to sort out thoughts and everything just seems to go better once you get going again.

5. Only one........... I'd like to finish a few things before I die.

6. The37Kid

The37Kid

I found my 1930 Ford Roadster body when I was 12, that was 50 years ago, chances are you will beat me. Bob :(

7. i have never been disappointed when i made a deadline...but have been when i don't.