Register now to get rid of these ads!

serial numbers and registration mumbo jumbo!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by poncho, May 24, 2005.

1. poncho

poncho

so i have a question for you guys who build homemade chassies,,and bodys with no reggies,,if you get a reggie that has a serial number on it but the hot rod you built at home from scratch has no serial numbers on it and you have to prove that the regie you have is in fact for that hot rod.. is there any laws against etching that serial number into your frame or on the body somewhere,,am i making sense???...im in a situation where im geting registration for my modified,,and when i ship it to the u.s.a. im wondering if the border will look to see if the number on the reggie is the same as a number that should be on the frame,,my frame too was home built and there is no numbers on it,,and none on the body either,,,,anyone have a friggin' clue???,,,thanks...poncho

2. All they seemed to look for when I took a car INTO Canada was some CASH.......

3. Real common in my part of the state and across the border in Kansas to stamp the chassis with the serial number. You should probably stamp it in the right place according to what year and make it is.

I might hammer around on it so it doesn't look like you just did it yesturday.