Register now to get rid of these ads!

September banger meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BHT8BALL, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Sounds like it should run pretty hard.
    Does it need 108/110 to keep detonation under control?
    Any hp numbers? estimation

John

Sidney Thatcher likes this.
  2. BHT8BALL

BHT8BALL

John, the combination is right on the ragged edge of premium pump gas for driving on the street. The head being aluminum and efficient waterpump keep the temperature below 180F. The much awaited dyno test hasn't happened yet. It's easy to get dazzled by computer numbers, but would expect hp. to be above 200. The 97's are an on going exercise but hope it gets resolved. Pat

3. Pat,

I thought the chamber shape and squish area looked very much a 2/ design. It does work in 4/ motors, not too sure about the dogleg but the turbulence must be pretty good if you can run 91.

You don't happen to frequent ElMo very often, do you? Have we met?

4. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

It's about just how much fuel is sucked in as compression. We ran 14:1 in Small English stuff without problem on pump gas.

No fuel in the hole to go off early

Spark comtrol was VERY important ....... the center wire cement would just start ot ozzzzzzz. But they made 100 hp per ltr that would be 300 in a banger. :cool:

5. BHT8BALL

BHT8BALL

I'm going to be late for the donut shop! I'll answer more later. Pat

6. I haven't pulled the engine down yet. I'm pretty sure it takes 2 side by side. I have a couple of sets of Triumph inserts. I will check the numbers.

Thanks

7. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

Guys please give me a Repco Glacer numbers and the Triumph application

I may have some....and I'll bring them with me this time.

8. BHT8BALL

BHT8BALL

Bluto, here's some info from my Fereral-Mogul book.
    Triumph #65935RA SHAFT SIZE HOUSING BORE LENGTH
    GT6 67-74 1.875/1.8755 2.021 .692
    TR6 67-75 " " "
    2000 67-70 " " "

The only other option I found is Jeep 6cyl. '47-'62 #1515SB
    1.874/ 1.980 .904
    Hope this helps, Pat

9. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

I just checked the big end of the rods I just picked up and these would work with my rods. Each rod would use 2 pair or (4) bearings.

Thanks for the info Pat!!!!!!!

Bluto,
    If you have any of these, I'll take some.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  10. also
    King CR 625am
    clevite cb 982al
    vanderval vpr91252

1.875 x 2.021 x .692

cr442am
    cb 967

1.875 x 2.021 x 866

J

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  11. BHT8BALL

BHT8BALL

John, the list is growing, next someone will find a stash of '36 Pontiac rods & bearings! I had to deliver a shortened & tack-welded torque tube to Max at the do nut shop this am. He's putting a Lincoln 3 speed/overdrive in another '29 roadster with v8 flathead. If the length is ok then I'll finish weld it and shorten the driveshaft & re-spline it. I last ran my Avatar at L mirage in '94, then I voluntered to do inspecting for the following year. I visited LMO last in Nov. '08, went with younger friends (30yrs.) & their dirt bikes. I'm giving some thought to going this Nov. what project are you associated with? I'll look you up. Pat

12. Pat,

the biggest problem with finding some of these bearings is that most have been dis-continued. I contacted a well known parts supplier here in SoCal and he claimed to have several sets of bearings I was looking for. After a week of calling him to get pricing I gave up and went else where. I found a stash in Iowa, bought a bunch of sets and should have enough for a while.

I have a BellyTank under construction, 2 B motors. I find myself building more tooling than actual motor parts. Cam blank arrived today, next out to grinder. I'll be there in Nov, God willing and no rain.

I have a pretty good "B/C" crank here, .020 rods and mains. I don't have the heart to drill it for oiling rods. If you might know someone who needs one.

John

13. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

Many years ago I brought BAP/GEON's obsolete parts stock. It was 12 truck loads of our 16 ft truck.

Today is filled with Drs. I should be able to get to the barn this weekend but hold little hope as most of our items are a lot older and obscure.

We do have a company here that makes rod and main shells to order. They use C-77 strip stock. This is copper lead over a steel back. They then plate the tin on to suit. It's not too price crazy. I will send the data to them and get a quote. This would mean you could have rod and main bearings exactly to fit. No using two bearings for one rod. No trouble fitting mains.

The Polish Zloty is falling to the US$ so the price might be realistic. These are really good quality. I'll find a miiddle man that speaks English and does export to make it easy

Again Sorry I am doubtful about us having stock.

To give you an idea we have 14,000+ valves. There are several hundred piston sets.

Please remember I am retired please don't send me a PM for items. I am honestly too screwed up lately to go digging out one set of Hillman Imp bearings. But will look at the Triumph sets.

I need a Repco/Glacer number

14. Try Glacier #B4427SA
    This crosses with King CR4424AM
    If memory serves, have to narrow to about .645

John

15. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

I don't have King Brand

Vandeville, Repco/Glacer only

16. try vandervell VPR91357
    I don't know if the Glacier #B4427SA is the same as Repco/Glacer.

If old BAP stock, the older Datsun J motors used these bearings also.

17. I have some standard and .010 under rods and mains.

18. The inserts that I have are for MG's and Triumph's and all seem to be available as I google the numbers. Clevite CB-792 MG CB -982 P Triumph MG Austin?

19. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo