Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects seems not everyone likes traditional !!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wood remover, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Bought the driveline from under a traditional model A . Guy was happy to get rid of this crap!!!
    was replacing it with a 350 chev ,mustang II front end and a 9 inch .
    IMG_1188.JPG IMG_1189.JPG IMG_1190.JPG IMG_1191.JPG IMG_1193.JPG IMG_1196.JPG IMG_1195.JPG

2. What's that old saying? "One man's trash is another man's treasure."

3. The37Kid

The37Kid

Nice save! Bob

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

If those spring perches, wishbones, master cyl. bracket & pedals' surgery had anything to do with it, this may be an example of why 'street rods' came to be.
    Some cleanup on the axle may render it usable, lots of other nice stuff there!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018

5. I know EH , I keep looking at that front end and thinking someone dodged a bullet

6. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

A friend of mine had a saying "if ya can't weld good, weld a lot"!

7. I have these few pieces to go along with this stuff
    20161002_170817.jpg 20150705_193635.jpg image5.JPG 20141116_162718.jpg

8. Motor runs great !!!

9. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow... some people are strange! Thanks for saving that from the scrap pile.

10. Are you selling the beige car also ?

11. It is not listed anywhere for sale , but sure I would sell it

12. "SEEMS NOT EVERYONE LIKES TRADITIONAL !!!"

Of course not ! :(

Why do you think everything Made in China, Online or Walmart shopping has become so popular, even in the world of Customs & Hot Rods ?

True "Traditionalist" are rare or should we say nearly extinct breed, who prefer quality over cheap, make concious decisions along with taking effort to spend their hard earned money in support of local independent (mom & pop ?) business' rather than prop up quarterly earnings of anonymous corporate shareholders just for the sake of saving a buck or two.

Pretending to be one is so much easier.

verno30 and classiccarjack like this.
  13. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very good save, but I wonder what's NOT traditional about useing a Ford 9" rear ??

zzford likes this.
  14. 2935ford

2935ford

Isn't it just peachy when they get rid of that "crap" and you're the one to score it! :)

15. Holy ball bags Batman.... nice score.

16. Terrible80

Terrible80

Kan Kustom and bct like this.
  17. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

Traditional is fine but what's wrong with hot rods and street rods? Nothing I can think of.

18. I like cars of all kinds , I have a few I dont post here . The 27 roadster I posted here has been driven 15 years now , just to dangerous on the roads for it now , so under the wrench it shall go ....

19. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

Is that a Pontiac 6 in between those frame rails I see ? ;)

zzford and LAROKE like this.
  20. Yeah
    I am doing a 34 chev pick up for my wife .
    1966 230 pontiac overhead cam motor ,
    2004r transmission , toyota 4runner rear end
    411 gears , electric posi , 12 inch drum brakes.
    Toyota pick up power steering , power brakes.
    53 chev pick up front axle with bendix style drum brakes .
    I am putting a holley efi system on it as well.
    20170929_213104.jpg 20180209_224254.jpg

Turbo57, 55Deso, patmanta and 8 others like this.
  21. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looking at that axle setup I can't call it traditional. Scabbed together to use the spring that came with it on top of the axle an not buy new spring perches and a new spring, yep. The car probably was jacked up "gasser" style too to boot. Some old time " I want to build a hot rod but don't want to spend any money or effort to do it right" car building there. If the price was right you got a batch of good parts to use there though. As someone said, one guys junk is another's treasure and at least the guy put it up for sale rather than hauling it for junk.

22. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

Always wanted to play with the 4bbl Sprint version. Had a guy tell me he bought a 67 bird with one and shifted gears at 7500 racing other guys.

23. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

I bet he didn't do that too many times.:eek:

54vicky likes this.
  24. I picked up some stuff like that once, free, spring behind rear axle and a front with '40 brakes and a split wishbone. Old hot rod parts, just wanted to clean out the garage at the estate. I used them to put a truck together that I ended up selling.

25. mountainman2

mountainman2

I'm guessing that these great old "traditional" parts acquired from a blasphemous non-believer will NOT be used to replace the above mentioned NON-"traditional" parts.:rolleyes:

Maybe title should read "seems not everyone likes traditional on every build"

26. LOL
    I love a good hot rod as well , no chance of a swap out on the chev pu .Already had the drive line done once with a 250 chev and 700r4 before I found the pontiac ohc.

mountainman2 likes this.
  27. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

When I was a kid hanging out at the garage down the street , every once in a while an old Italian fisherman used to bring in his Wife's 66 tempest with an OHC 6 in it. The old guy that owned the shop , Harry Dort who opened his first shop in San Diego in 1918 , And by the way used to race his Model T speedster at a track in old downtown San Diego in the 20s...Would say ..God Damn Pontiac!!! The F ing experimental division of GM! By the way I ended up with that same Tempest a few years later , the 6 was dead and I swapped a 327 in it for my ex .

28. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Welcome to 1997. It’s nice isn’t it?

54vicky likes this.
  29. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So a hot rod T on an A frame?
    Cool man. Not much bodywork to do!

I just thought of something. Now you're gonna sell the T chassis and drivetrain to somebody who's gonna tell their buddies...
    "Seems not everyone likes original!"
    LOL.