Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Securing glass 1930 Tudor

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kevin Ardinger, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Kevin Ardinger

Kevin Ardinger

What suggestions do you all have for securing glass in the regular channel? Also, do the window runs just hang loose in the doors?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

As I remember the window felt has a clip on the top that fits in a slot and the bottom has a tab that bends to hold it in place. Been a while since I've put a set in. Any glass shop should have the tape that holds the glass into the channel on the window.

3. Kevin Ardinger

Kevin Ardinger

I have the top clipped in place but the bottom doesn’t seem to have a place to hook it. Basically looks like the same clip on both ends.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. Rusty J

Rusty J

Going off my 39 Chevy, the felt channels are secured by a metal arm thats riveted to the flex channel at then end of the piece and then screws to the door to make a solid mounting. Did you replace the flex channel? Also - to secure the glass in the channels, use setting tape (a butyl rubber strip) you can get the stuff from glass shops, there's videos on how to set the windows in there - i just finished doing two of my windows last week. Hope that's helpful. If it were spring then I could get you pictures of original model A door setups to help you

5. chargin03

chargin03

I used silicone to hold the felt channels on my tudor.

chop job likes this.
  6. Kevin Ardinger

Kevin Ardinger

Yes I replace the flex channel. Doesn’t look like anything in the bottom of the doors to secure it. They are also way too long as my windows will now only be about 9 inches tall. I’ll get tape tomorrow from the glass shop, they are cutting my rear mail slot window glass.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. alchemy

alchemy

I just glued the fuzzies into the body, and the glass into the channel, with black 3M urethane. No clips, tape, or screws.