Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sectioning article

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by John_Kelly, Apr 9, 2004.

1. John_Kelly

John_Kelly

2. This url makes it easier to find.
    Good article

http://www.autobodystore.com/cgi-bin/bbs2/webbbs_config.pl?read=3002

I never did find the photos for some reason.
    He is absolutly right in many ways it is easier to section than to chop. It does take a lot of welding skill and a bunch of planning. On a section a little is a lot. Most people miss it when that think they need to wack 4 or 5 inches out and it ends up looking really wierd.
    If your gonna give it a big wack then you nornally have to chop anyway to maintain proportions.
    But with a mild section you can normally leave the top alone. You change the proportions just enough to make people wonder, but not make them say what the...
    Well that was way more than I needed to say. Do it the way you want its your car right?

3. Excellent!
    I've been looking for an article like that for months.
    Most of the customizing books sorta breeze over it in a page leaving you scratching your head.
    I was thinking the 'Z' cuts would make sense and it's good to see it in writing with pics to boot.

4. DrJ

DrJ

Great article and Ditto what P&Bner said...
    It did need to be said because even a shoebox can end up looking like a stepped on slug. [​IMG]

You click on some links at the bottom to get to pictures.

I don't see how sectioning can be considered any harder than welding in patch panels to repair rustout. Just more, not harder..

5. shifts

shifts

Go to my website & you will see a 50 ford I had sectioned in 1963. I sold it in 65 before I went overseas & the guy still has it.DAVE

6. Paul

Paul
    Editor

7. DrJ

DrJ

8. John_Kelly

John_Kelly

I was visiting a fellow metalshaper Joe McGlynn who is chopping and sectioning a truck...he said Ron Covell and he are making a video of the project. Watch for it at covell.biz maybe?

I just got the magazine that Ron Covell mentioned my shrinking disc amd the sunchaser disc in, the May Classic Trucks, it has a gorgeous chopped channeled and sectioned yellow '55 Chev pickup on the cover.

John www.ghiaspecialties.com

John www.ghiaspecialties.com

9. My last Covell newsletter said that the sectioned truck would get its own Video

10. Ron

Ron

Thanks, they made a web page for it that mey be easier to find

here