Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sectioned Chopped Shortened '52 Chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Johnny Hotrod - BC, Dec 3, 2008.

1. FIFTY2

FIFTY2

2. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

I really like the stance of the car and would not change anything on it. The metal work is top notch for sure and I am like everyone else here, go with a dark color it will show off the car better. Go look at Sam Barris's merc that he did in 50, it is a dark green and it would look like crap any other color if you ask me. Ford even used the car as a cover for one of their magazines (Ford Times) in 50 or 51.

3. Poopy

Poopy
    from abbotsford

I cant seem to find it, but what size are the wheels?

4. VONRUBEN65

VONRUBEN65
    from LOMITA

5. Fraz

Fraz
    from Dixon, MO

I'm not a fan of those style cars at all, but I'd drive that one. Nice job man!

6. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

Looks bitchin man!

7. The wheels are chrome wheel vintiques oem chrome front 15x5 with 560 15 bias ply...... the rears are 15x8 reverse with G78 15 bias ply cokers ....stock track width 78 malibu front and rear

8. Hey johnny .... The car looks bad ! Nice work. Looks real good up on it's wheels. Any pics of when you first got it ? Frankie

9. Looks good John. Are you going to be able to reach the pedals?
    Needs more of a chop................... nudge nudge.

10. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I hate the camshaft grille,

11. Bodywork is well underway about 75% done I keep finding more stuff that needs attention Ill post some more pics once its in primer. As for the grille love it or hate it it definatley will spark a conversation .

12. good work. not really a fan of the grille treatment.

13. HRK-hotrods

HRK-hotrods

Very nice work... I had to slightly cringe on the use of a perfectly good Malibu wagon(I've been looking for one!:eek: ) but you executed it flawlessly... It's your car so you build it as you want it but if it were mine...

the cam would go infavor of a stock 51' centerbar. I like the 52' bar better with extra teeth but I think the "thickness" of the 52 grille would be too much. With that being said, the entire grille would be chromed. I like the look of the flipped bumpers, but again, they would have to be chromed. The style of the car almost demands it.

Everything else is perfect IMO... Can't wait for more updates...

14. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I like the car, I was joking earlier, still don't like the cam though.

15. Gizzy

Gizzy
    from N.W,Ohio

I agree with Fraz,not my style but damn that's gonna be one cool car when your done.Keep us posted. Giz'

16. No Plan

No Plan

INCREDIBLE build!!!!! I LOVE it!!!! --- (any pics of the frame swap? -inner rockers, G body.-outter 52? Channeled?) ---AWESOME!!

17. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

ok sectioned cars are not really my cup of tea but you did a good job...that said, the grille HAS GOT TO GO!!! you are going to have a very nice well done custom and then the grille is going to throw it in the 'ol skool rodz category...dare i say "rat rod" realm. My suggestion is to just throw the o.g. chevy grille bar back in there but with no teeth, nice floating looking grille (kinda the same look) but not cheezy.

18. HFKND1

HFKND1
    from Peoria, IL

Nice job I look forward to watching it evolve.

19. with

The malibu floorpan was still attatched to the frame with everything else cut off except the rockers and firewall. After I had the body sort of plopped on there I kept trimming the firewall until it fit inside the trimmed 52 firewall opening. The 52 rockers which are tapered fit over the outside of the 78 rockers and are channeled about 2". more cutting and trimming and generally forcing the two together and HELLO!

Attached Files:

20. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

wow. killer metal work. chop looks good too. motivation to get out and get started on mine. like the grill. i have a 49 and the stock grill is gonna go....hadnt thought about something like that.

21. 63chevyll

63chevyll

very nice work
    looks perfect

22. R.Allan

R.Allan
    BANNED
    from Ca

i like it too

23. update please!

24. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Wow, That thing is freakin crazy!!:):):)

25. eightbanger

eightbanger

26. rick finch

rick finch

You Sir, have some serious skills and vision!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (that grill is friggn' brilliant too!):cool:

27. chad

chad

any updates??

28. Come on Johnny, blow the bondo dust off the damn thing and take a picture.

29. RICKY MCGREGOR

RICKY MCGREGOR
    from wichita ks

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet :>)