Register now to get rid of these ads!

Seattle cruise night?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by evobuilder, Mar 21, 2012.

1. evobuilder

evobuilder

I've seen the posts about an "invitational" and I know there are some local car shows (or so I've heard) but is there any interest in getting together weekly or even monthly for a HAMBsters car night in Seattle?
    I know there are plenty of places (Dick's in Wallingford, plenty of places in Ballard, Georgetown, Shoreline, etc) that would be a good place to meet up.

I know of a available parking lot in Georgetown on Airport Way if anyone is seriously interested.... but a place with food/drink would be the best option in my opinion.

Getting like minded people together just seems like a good idea to me.... if nothing else.... let me know who is interested and maybe a couple of us could just start meeting up and go from there.

I think Dick's in Wallingford would be a good place to meet up, but if anyone has a better idea, let me know, I am open to ideas.

-Evobuilder (Seattle, WA)

2. I'm into it. Is this a Hamb friendly only meet up or can I drive one of my O/T hot rods?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  3. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

Fuck yes am i interested!

We host a show at carkeek park every year on fathers day called the blessing of the rods. Should come down this year!

4. evobuilder

evobuilder

not sure what O/T means.... but who cares.... if you are into cars, I say we do it!
    What's the vibe on location? Dick's in Wallingford (off 45th and 520), Georgetown, Shoreline.... lets get a location and I will work it out with the owner of the biz.

5. skull

skull

in lacey every friday starting in may there is a cruise in at the old lacey theater in the red lobster parking lot, just off I-5 exit 1O9, 4pm to 9pm or so. all years of car, trucks, rods and bikes are welcome. come on down if ya get a chance.

Later :cool:

6. madhman

madhman

I kinda like Georgetown, any place there with a big enough lot?

7. evobuilder

evobuilder

yep..... I have a hookup at the Tullys building at 3600 Airport Way. Tons of parking, but the only problem is there is nothing open at night (food/drink/coffee). That is why Dick's or other place is a good idea...
    Dick's is just off the 5 freeway, late night food, bars across the street if you have to have a cocktail.
    There is a coffee shop called Uptown Espresso on 45th (in Wallingford) as well that has a big lot and I will bet that would stay open late to support a cruise night. I'd go talk to them if we get some real interest.

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There is a big lot at the south end of the old Seattle Brewing Co. building but I don't know the particulars on it. My nephew and his lady have their studio/recording company in one of the studios on the other end of the building.

9. nice F100.... LOL maybe I'll bring mine !

10. evobuilder

evobuilder

thanks.... its a work in progress (what isn't rght?)

I think Seattle HAMBers need this to take place. Lets land on a place and just start doing it. Nothing formal, just a time and place is all we need to lock down. Then.... we just need people to drag their cars and trucks out and show up.

11. WallingfordHotRods

WallingfordHotRods
    from Seattle

let's go to Dicks drive in!

12. madhman

madhman

Yeah yur right, if everything is closed down wouldn't be much fun. 45th is ok by me

13. before you just land on a place and " just start doing it", you should give were ever place you choose a heads up and ask if it's ok " you may wear out your welcome really fast ... look at Backfire that happens in Seattle it's cool ... But there are some many bikes it's nuts... then you have to take in the idiots that will show up. Then do stupid crap, be smart about this and go about this the right way... ask first.... Good luck !:cool:

14. dick's in edmonds the lot is huge

15. Edmond's ??? "Seattle" Cruise Night .. I would be willing to drive from Tacoma... if this gets off the ground... Hope you get a green light !

16. evobuilder

evobuilder

I will stop by Dick's in Wallingford (5 FWY and 45th) tomorrow and let everyone know. I am sure they will be open to it, but want to confirm that they are ready for 20-30 cars that need dedicated parking. If more than that show, then awesome, but I have been doing this for a lot of years and know what to expect from a cruise night.
    The good thing about this area is that if 100 + cars show up, there are still plenty of parking options in the evenings.
    I will talk to them and say that it would go.... 6:00pm start to whenever on a Weekday night. Any thoughts on weekly or monthly?

17. I gotta be honest, I doubt they would be very receptive to dedicated parking from their lot. The lot really isn't that big, and they do pretty serious amounts of business out of there selling burgers. It's the busiest store. In fact when I worked there the story was that 45th made enough money to cover the operating cost of the entire company and the rest was profit. I think the key would be the huge lot behind that belongs to the church.

18. evobuilder

evobuilder

even if they don't offer dedicated parking.... who cares. There is plenty of street parking and side street parking. I am sure they will welcome the business on a slow weekday night. I will check and see if they care, if not, then I say we go for it. Worst case, we have soo many fukin cars show up that we have to move it! Yeah for the hot rod scene..... thats all I'm saying. There are a million reasons why "not" to do something, and only a couple reasons to just do it!
    Someone just needs to pull the trigger on this, so I am stepping up. If no one shows, then no worries.... if 500 cars show up, then we move it to the next place. Either way.... its a win for us HAMBers!

19. I have to agree on this , that Dick's is crazy busy at times.... and the lot isn't that big.... Doubt they would be receptive to it all... but you could try... Find a place with alot of parking, food is near by (walking distance) maybe some cool local shop ( just in case the wife/gf gets board) Also don't forget those silly cruising laws .. Seattle is a big city , I'm sure you'll find a cool place. what about some of the parking areas around Safeco or Century Link Fields, Pryamid is near by just my 2 cents...

20. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

21. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

I'll come up from Olympia. Whats happ'nin?

22. evobuilder

evobuilder

like I said.... eff it. There are always reason not to do something, so I say just do it. If we get enough cars that we don't fit in Dick's (damn, there is a good joke there).... then we go somewhere else.
    Life is too short to worry about every little thing!

but seriously.... I will talk to them tomorrow and see what they say, look for a post tomorrow with more details.

23. lincolnhead

lincolnhead
    from Marysville

Im in my Vick still runs and drives......... although i might have to coat the bare metal..:)

24. evobuilder

evobuilder

25. bring it ??? ok, eff it ? not being a jerk here (Helped with Hot-Rod -A-Rama in Tacoma and saw what it took to do that show )just be respectful if you get turned down. You have a great idea to bring some cool rides together I'll be the first to jump in my car and come. But it would be a huge bummer to drive up and it got shut down by the SPD. Not saying there is reason not to do it... But business people talk... and if you start just jumping from one place to another ( because maybe out grow the spot , you may not get the warm fuzzy greeting from next spot) GOOD LUCK !

26. Half-Fast Motors

Half-Fast Motors

Keep us posted on any updates!

27. evobuilder

evobuilder

my comment on "bring it" was to "lincolnhead" with his comment about his Vick and my saing to "actually bring it to the crusie night" (check the order of the posts)

No need to get on the defensive or anything.... we are all just trying to do something fun!

28. Weather permitting of course. A couple of cruise ins happen over here on the eastside of Lake Washington. Friday late afternoon/evening cruise in will be back at the huge WalMart parking lot in Covington off hiway 18 and Kent Kangley Rd. This parking lots holds hundreds of cars, and there are plenty of places to eat dinner within a short walk. I will have to verify when this will start
    Saturday Cruise In will be back at the XXX Rootbeer in Issaquah just off Interstate 90 at exit 17, late afternoon and evenings.
    Let's see if there is any interest in starting a cruise in on Sunday Evenings downtown Fall City. The Raging River Cafe and Club offer a free Blues Music Jam starting at 7 pm every Sunday evening. Within two blocks there are a half dozen places to eat and drink. Wonderful drive in the country, plenty of riverside parking, laid back easy access from Interstate 90, Redmond, Seattle, Kirkland, Carnation, Monroe, Issaquah, Renton, Kent.

29. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Just show up and park, they cant shut down a city, and it's a pain for businesses to shut down a private parking lot to certain people.....

30. Da' Bomb

Da' Bomb

Georgetown would be cool. Kinda' funky in it's own way....