Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Seat track? '32 ford coupe.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirty Dug, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

I'm reworking the interior in my coupe, adding a bulkhead between the trunk and the passenger compartment as part of an effort to quite it down inside. While doing that I want to put in a low-profile seat track and use the stock seat adjuster if possible. I see all the parts are available from Macs except the tracks...Does anyone who's done this have a recommendation about what tracks would work best and where I could look?

2. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Not exactly what you asked ... BUT

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On my 32 3W coupe, the original seat tracks were missing :mad: and I looked for a pair about a year without sucess. So I used a set of universal seat tracks ... made for heavy equipment. Sits low like original but actually has more forward/rearward travel than a stock set.

:D

ChefMike likes this.
  3. Old Tin and New Tin

Old Tin and New Tin

Might look at the seat tracks used by Glide Engineering. They are low profile and have a lot of fore/aft travel.

4. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

The seat tracks the Deuce Roadster used and Glide offers are universal. I got mine from Speedway. I did the same thing Deuce Roadster did with my stock 3 window seat and they work great.

5. The tracks Randy used the are the same that I have in the Sedan. HRP

6. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

I did not know that Speedway and Glide offered universal seat tracks :confused: O well, I bought mine off eBay.

:)

After I finished mine, I was at the salvage yard and saw a set of seat tracks like this.

[​IMG]

It would be very simple to adapt a junk yard set to a original 32 Ford seat.

:eek:

7. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

The ones Speedway offers don't look anything like the ones in Deuce Roadster's picture. I'll check out Guide's product line, see what's up. Any other recommendations?

8. L.E.D.man

L.E.D.man

United Pacific Industries has the 1932 5-window coupe seat tracks in-stock, pn B20407

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app