Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sealed Beam Headlight Conversion Question??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by uglyoldcrow, Dec 22, 2012.

1. uglyoldcrow

uglyoldcrow

My old 34 Plymouth Coupe all ready had the conversion made to sealed beam headlights but done in the 1960s. I'm switching the Sealed Beams from 6 volt to 12 volt now but just don't like the looks of the sealed beams as they set back in the bucket. it looks like there is enough room to fit the original lens in front of the sealed beam. Has anybody done it that way. I don't have the original lens to try this but there always on E-Pay. Thanks, Jim

Attached Files:

2. Jim,

If it is like a Model A Ford the original lens is designed to focus the light. The light is already focused when it leaves the sealed beam and the lens unfocuses it. I tried it and changed back as have many others. I would try to get the original lens and reflectors. Have the reflectors replated (with silver or aluminum) and run the high output bulbs from Ron Francis (800) 292-1940, wire-works.com (if they fit a Plymouth).

Charlie Stephens

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012