Register now to get rid of these ads!

SCTA rules question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by VNCduke, Nov 11, 2008.

1. VNCduke

VNCduke
    from Washougal

Im writing my senior paper and i need some information about what rules the SCTA had in the 40s. As well as what rules they have today. Anything helps. Thanks

2. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

You could get a current or close rule book for rulles today. Question is a little broad. Any idea of something specific you want to know?

3. VNCduke

VNCduke
    from Washougal

I want to know all i can about there rules and regulations

4. squirrel

squirrel

then you definitely need a modern rule book, and an old rule book. Please don't expect us to do your assignment for you! although you might ask if anyone has an old rulebook, that they could scan or copy for you. You might be able to get a new rule book from SCTA-BNI, but if they're sold out you'll have to try to bum one from someone. A book a few years old should be sufficient.

5. I'm not sure there were actual "Rule Books" in the 40's. I would guess that the specifications for cars were pretty basic and would have been included in the SCTA newsletters, rather than in a separate publication.

6. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

earlist rule book I have is from my first Speedweek 1966. Pretty thin. Compairing it to my 2008 rule book I would think that in the 40s it was a half page double spaced.

7. Dan Warner

Dan Warner
    from so cal

Contact Jim Miller at The American Hot Rod Foundation, www.ahrf.com.

Jim is the historian specializing in the dry lakes and Bonneville.

DW

8. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

This ought to get you started.......but you'll have to dig for the rest.......

In 1949, when SCTA ran the first meet on the Bonneville Salt Flats, they published the rules for classes, etc in the Official Program.......I have scanned it for you.......remember though that these are the SCTA Rules at that time......there were several other timing associations running meets on El Mirage, Harper's and Rosamond dry lakes in those years after WWII also......different rules for those associations........

But SCTA was as follows:
    [​IMG]

There are a lot of good books on that era.....search on Amazon.com, contact Rockerhead with a PM (Don Montgomery) and I am sure he can also help........buy his books if you want a Master's Degree on the early hot rod scene....street as well as dry lakes......etc.

Go get 'em.....

Brucie