Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Screw size for the front floor, '32 Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ric, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Putting a wooden floor in the front floor area of a Brookville '32 roadster. Can anyone tell me the correct size for the screws that hold the floor down, mine are painted and before I tap them out to clean up threads I want to be sure I have the correct size.

2. jseery

jseery
    from Wichita KS

Might cut a cleaning slot in a fairly soft bolt and use it to check the size. Just don't force it and should confirm the size prior to using a tap. Also, not sure I would use a tap, a thread chaser might be a better option. I much prefer the thread chasers as they do not enlarge the threads and are made to clean out the threads. You should be able to guess the thread size fairly closely just by looking at it. Assuming they are SAE you really only have two options, course thread or fine thread and you can normally tell the different by looking at them. Same with the diameter of the bolt size, there is enough difference between sizes that you should be able to tell by looking.

3. Maybe 12-24 like Ford used.

4. 12-24 it is. Thanks for the input guys.

5. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

12-24 is correct . Fastenal has many different type heads available

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. Roy Nacewicz probably has a kit with the correct screws. Roy Nacewicz Parts, (313) 383-3673, fordbolts.com If I remember correctly they are a slotted head screw with a black finish.

Charlie Stephens

7. I think 12-24 was also used on Model A floors and firewalls. Correct?