Register now to get rid of these ads!

Scored a free 401

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gas Giant, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Gas Giant

Gas Giant

Well, it wasn't free, I had to help my friend move to get it, but not a bad score for a day's work. Included pistons, heads, a cam, and a bunch of other Nailhead odds and ends in a green tote that I forgot to bring with me. Naturally, its completely disassembled, but the price was right.

Thing is, I don't have a vehicle to put this in. But I was thinking of perhaps stuffing it into an early 50's Chevy truck with some traditional custom touches - however, since I would want it to double as a tow vehicle for my boat, I'd have some modern touches like disc brakes. I don't want to shove a Corolla under the bumper of an F250 because I was trying to stop a truck, boat and trailer quickly coming down a bridge with 4 wheel drums.

I'm not sure if I could get away with lowering it - cool as it would look, I don't want to bottom out coming up a boat ramp, and I am not sure how airbag setups deal with towing boats. Maybe they work, I dunno.

Anyway, I'm just throwing ideas around right now - I just think the idea of having a HAMB friendly tow vehicle is kinda cool, especially powered by a Nailhead :D