Register now to get rid of these ads!

Scored a couple of free parts this week

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dugg, May 1, 2006.

1. Dugg

Dugg

I stumbled across a guy who's building a Model A Coupe with a Caddy in it. He gave me his original rear spring and front axle.... hell of a deal. And the spring and U-bolts are in better condition than the stuff I bought on ebay. I still want a Chassis Engineering dropped axle so maybe I'll drill this original and put it up for sale.

If I'd met him sooner I might have been able to buy the banger too. He sold it or traded for some othe stuff

2. Crankhole

Crankhole

I love "FREE". But pass it on to someone who could use it.

3. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

You might offer the axle undrilled and state in the advertisement that you would drill it for an extra fee. Some of us actually view a drilled axle as less desireable.

-Dave

4. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I know Tatts on here has been looking for a dropped front axle and could probably still use it. If you end up getting rid of it and want to help another HAMBer get his ride on the road, shoot him a PM. I'm sure he would appreciate it!

5. great score. congrats. things you could use and dont cost a dime are great.

But, I have always been told...get it for free...if you dont use it, then pass it on to someon who could...for free.