Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Scored a bunch of headlamps - what make/yr. ??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 48coupe, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Went to an farm auction Sat. and bought (9) headlamps. Would like to find out what yr. and make they are.
    IMG_0201.JPG IMG_0203.JPG IMG_0205.JPG
    The red pr. have been painted, both the first/second pr. have the
    Ford script on the flat lens, both are chrome, & 9" X 6" and 5 1/2" high.
    The single black lamp, (9 1/2" X 7 1/4") has a rounded lens (Twilight) & the fender to hood mount? on it. Has 1 small dent.
    The next rusty pr. has flat lens & is 9 1/4" X 6". The sngl. ruaty lamp has flat lens (w/Guide-Ray, type-A on lens) is just a little smaller than the pr. These three hint of maybe being a Whippet ?
    The last one, black, & flat lens (twilight) is the largest - 11" across X 5 3/4"
    All are in decent cond., 3 are rusty but no holes.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  2. Just a guess, but I think the first set with the fluted lenses are early 1928 Model A .
    The set after that look like 30-31 Model A to me.
    The ones with the chrome mounts still attached...32 Chevy?

3. I suspected they were A lamps but had no clue as to the yr. Thanks 56DON

4. Chuck Craig

Chuck Craig
    from Ocala FL

I think that image 206/207 are from a 34/35 Chevrolet standard. The headlight bars appear to be shorter than a master model and by them being painted not chrome they came from a standard. Normally they have Chevrolet script on the lenses, but they could have been replaced.