Register now to get rid of these ads!

School me on lowering my 60 Caddy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BBobb, Feb 4, 2013.

1. BBobb

BBobb

I am not looking to bag at this time,however i am wanting to lower my Caddy with out cutting my springs,heating coils or letting the air out of the tires. Any help would be appreciated

2. slammed

slammed

Step the lower A-Arms 2". An after market coil made to drop 2" will be another. With the shorter (quality wire) coil's you should add a shorter quality shock.

3. milner3268

milner3268
    from buffalo NY

I KNOW Im going to get slammed for this BUT..... Years ago I had a 61 caddi coupe ,while drinking on shop nite with the boys put I put the car on my drive on lift , put 4 guys in the trunk to see how it looked lowered it looked great .Now a few beers later we put 4 blocks under the frame [behind the front tires and in front of the rear tires ] heated each spring in a few different areas kinda evening the heat till the frame hit the blocks let it sit over night ,looked great it rode as good as before never sqeeked or clunked even with 5 of us in the car and a kooler on the trunk .Its not the correct way,but it worked for me and it was free.[ HA HA HA ]

4. Hellfish

Hellfish

Lots of threads on doing this with 59-60 Chevys. I'm pretty sure they have the same suspensions. I lowered my 59 Chevy 3" with brand new springs from http://www.coilsprings.com/ for about $300 total. I'm sure it's a little more now. It rides like a brand new 59.

5. khead47

khead47

Make friends with four "plus size" chicks!

6. rustang

rustang

Hahahaha.... this is the winner... :)