Register now to get rid of these ads!

school for hambers on internet scammers.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 40WILLYSCRAZY, Apr 30, 2010.

1. 40WILLYSCRAZY

40WILLYSCRAZY
    from fresno

I had a guy e-mail me today that said he had the 4 spoke steering wheel that I'm looking for. His English was ok but gramatically structured correctly. I knew it was a scam when he wanted a western union money order sent to him in mother England !!! Most likely living on the next continent south of Europe !!! So I decided to play around with him. I told him I will send the money, $ 250. Then I asked him if he had a 1932 TUCKER steering wheel. And to my surprise, He had a very good one that he was willing to throw in the deal. I then proceded to ask him to send a pic of him holding the wheel in one hand and his local news paper in the other. I was shocked when he replied that he was having technical difficulties and could not send the requested pic. I'm asking the next guy for a 1934 pinto steering wheel. or engine parts for a V- 12 gremlin !!!!!

2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I say don't mess with these guys. you have no idea how they might be able to fuck with you. better to just delete and go on with life.

if you are on the interweb, you will meet these kinds of people.

hmmmm.. V-12 Gremlin sounds good to me. I'd like to see some pics of that.

3. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

I was screwing with one for over two weeks who sent me a check for the price of the vehicle I was selling, and of course, some extra for shipping and I was to wire him the extra money. I got the check for a couple of days and then he started getting jumpy. He needed the extra money because his wife was in a "fatal" accident and needed surgery. I told him I hoped his wife could hang in there until I got back home in a week.

4. 40WILLYSCRAZY

40WILLYSCRAZY
    from fresno

I'm sure you are right But the devil said to screw with him. I will take your advice. It was my first expierence with a scammer and I could'nt help my self !!! How about a 1932 cadillac v-16 powered YUGO with all power options ???

5. 40WILLYSCRAZY

40WILLYSCRAZY
    from fresno

I probably would of sent him a dollar just for the hell of it and told him to buy duct tape and make her shut up !!!!

6. Labold

Labold

I've had the exact same scam tried on me too.
    He didn't get any money from me either.

7. 40WILLYSCRAZY

40WILLYSCRAZY
    from fresno

I'm sorry I would have asked him if she needed a head transplant . You know we could all use a little head every now and then RIGHT ?

8. I had a similar one when buying parts over the net. After a couple of emails I figured this seller out. I asked him to send me a certain picture which couldn't be photo shopped and I never heard from him again..... A little caution goes a long way.
    V12 in a Gremlin with a 1934 Pinto Wheel? Does that come stock with a chrome tube straight axle and open headers? Great, Now I want one of those!

9. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

V12 gremlin? Guess what.....

Attached Files:

10. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

I got an inquiry on a six figure car I was selling from a person with a middle eastern name. Responded with a smart ass reply. Same person called me and had a restorer call me to say this person was legit. Buyer and agent flew from NYC to Durango on two days notice, looked at the car and bought it.

11. 40WILLYSCRAZY

40WILLYSCRAZY
    from fresno

I'll settle on a drag pack 401 4 speed gremlin. They competed very well against the 427 cobra in the 1320 race !!!!!

Last edited: May 2, 2010
  12. tjet

tjet
    1. Early Hemi Tech

[​IMG]

13. brad chevy

brad chevy

Check,Western Union and money grams ,all scam artists.theres a new thing in Florida now.stealing cars for sale by getting the vin number from dumb-ass owner,all info on car right there,never give a vin no.out to no one.

14. 40WILLYSCRAZY

40WILLYSCRAZY
    from fresno

So then after they fake paper work on the vin numbers, do they steal the car and go south with it to Mexico ???

15. Most of the time scammers are after you to send them cash money back on a phony cashier's check or money order. They may never come for the car unless it's something they can sell quickly for a good buck - but even then you have to be someplace where it's relatively easy for them to get the car out of the country.

The best way to stop them is to insist on payment only being for the car, make them arrange their own transportation, and don't accept a cashier's check - and insist on holding any payment at least 7 business days before handing over title.

16. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Yep. Cuz Mexico is just south of Florida.

17. 40WILLYSCRAZY

40WILLYSCRAZY
    from fresno

I was thinking Mexifornia, where I live. I suppose they could put stolen cars on a bannana boat and make a pit stop in Mexico !!!!

18. If anyone in the UK wants payment by Western Union it is, without doubt, a scam. Absolutely no one in the UK does business by Western Union money transfers.

If you are at all in doubt about a UK seller or buyer go on the NSRA UK website and ask for assistance from your fellow rodders. You will probably find someone who lives not too far away from the UK address given and who would be happy to pay a call on your behalf.

19. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You have to be able to read behind the lines and as a couple of the guys said, simple answers such as telling them that they have to arrange their own shipping and you won't accept funding over the exact sale price usually run them off.

20. flynstone

flynstone

i always reply cash at my door,, never hear from them again

21. 6erwebb

6erwebb
    from Nashville

I had one try to buy some roush wheels from me once. They were priced at 1000 he sent...6000 in money orders. Funny thing was there was only one difference in his and the real thing, the routing numbers didnt exist. Other than that. Dude acted real shady too and you couldnt understand a thing he said over the phone.

At least you didnt get too into the deal.