Register now to get rid of these ads!

Scars?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by timmy t, May 7, 2008.

1. timmy t

timmy t

How many scars has your hotrod given you? Personly theres been metal in the eye (many times), grinder to flesh, welder and hot metal burns,sore back,metal slivers,smashed fingers,bloody knuckels,probably silacoses. hair loss(from when I "F" up), mental anguish,and a hundred others I cant remember. Thats because the first time you drive your car on its maiden voyage you forget all the scars.

2. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

Yep All of the above . LOL

3. JEPPA

JEPPA

Ya, I've got a scar just under my nose and above my chin. It goes across my face, almost ear to ear. But not quite. Terrible things come out of it every time I work on any car. Just ask my fiance.

4. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

My boy has one just to the outside corner of his eye from the Suburban last spring (he was 11). He was unloading bales of pine stray out of the back of it, and turned around and smacked the roof's drip rail.
    He was absolutely adamant that he didn't want the trip to the hospital for the two or three stitches. It's not that he was scared of them, because he's had stitches and staples. He thought it was stupid to wait in the ER room all that time and spend all that money if I could just use some medical glue and a butterfly bandage. "It's going to leave a small scar anyway--this way it won't have the dots from the stitches."
    Um...okay. I couldn't argue with him; he made a very well thought out case, and it was based on practical matters rather than emotions. Plus he was current on his tetanus shot.

He followed it up with "And scars are cool."

Okay--this is going to sting a little....

-Brad

5. PoopStain06

PoopStain06
    BANNED
    from SoCal

6. ol gasser

ol gasser
    from here

Scar on my arm when i got pinned by my uncles chopped merc between the open door and the house wall when he was working on it and started it in gear with his foot off the brake, Nice guy lol

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I can't count that high.
    If you count the scars from running my brush buggy (powered by a 322 Buick) through a barb wire fence when I was 19 I probably have about 25 directly related to my personal toys.

8. Everytime I work on a car I go until I bleed, at least once.:eek:

If I make it a whole session without, I feel like I should have worked harder.:D

9. MyBootsOnFire

MyBootsOnFire

Yea, uh i stopped counting about 10 cars ago.

10. mayej

mayej
    from Tok, AK

Well, too many to count here as well...
    BUT I know you guys are familiar with the movie 'Christine'. Well, just last week I had a Christine moment. I had 'procured' a radiator from work out of a Freightliner 18 wheeler.
    I had my hood up and was lookin all round the radiator area of my Dodge. Well, as I knelt down to look under the front bumper (bracing myself with my hand on the hood latch area) I actually thought about that scene at the beginning of the movie and chuckled to myself.
    Then, it happened. I had no sooner thought about it when 'SLAM' the hood came slamming down on my hand. Luckily nothings broke (I guess), but sweet christmas is it ever black/blue/green and hurtin' like hell.

Jef
    And props to my son for typing this out for me ;-)

11. Jonny69

Jonny69
    from England

Got a BIG molten blob go in my belly button when I was a welding n00b. It bubbled up into a huge blister then went septic and green pus flowing like a tap. That's a nice scar if you pick through the forest of curlies surrounding the area :)

12. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

I have the stupidest scar on the top of my hand... I got it from one of those stupid zip straps holding wires together on my 71 Cutlass. Cut me on the top of the hand when I reached past it. Barely bled...

That was in 1990 and the scar is still there plain as day.

The same day I was a little overzealous with the 4-way and while it was in full spin it hit the top of the other hand. I have a nice curved scar on the top of the other hand...

13. Elbow rested on freshly welded plate....don't try it.

14. Tony

Tony

Too many to list, especially on my hands and finger tips..4 finger's have messed up prints...time for a bank robbery! :D:D:D

The latest one it to my right cheek, on my FACE...i mated it with the tip of a welder last week and ended up with a pretty nice burn..hopefully this one dosn't scar.

Tony

15. Fairlane Dave

Fairlane Dave

Pretty much every time I work on the car. Seems I have a knack for bloodying up my knuckles on even the simplest things, like changing spark plugs. I've had two grinder mishaps in the last month and gouged the index finger on each hand pretty deep...good thing the heat from the grinder cauterizes the wound or they would have been nasty! Other than that, I'm good for a bump on the head and other random small stuff pretty frequently.

I also ran over myself years ago working under my lifted Bronco. My shoulder hit the linkage and took it out of park. That majorly sucked (as did the ambulance ride) and I've been a religious user of wheel chocks ever since!

16. Abomination

Abomination

You know what they say... chicks DIG scars. :cool:

~Jason

17. the shark

the shark

banged up knuckles, welding splatter spots on my arms, hands, and legs and a visible rust spot on my pupil from a metal shaving that i thought would come out by its self.

18. Truckedup

Truckedup

I'm just natural born ugly,no need for scars to give me chick appeal.

19. HotRod_Joe

HotRod_Joe

Mostly bloody knuckles and smashed fingers. Although I do have some serious scars. I've got one about 1" long on my left thumb from slicing it open, and another on the webbing between left tumb and pointer finger from cutting it with a bow saw, but my favorite scar is the cool spiral shaped one on the palm of my left hand from my hand getting caught in a drill press. Everything seems to happen to my left hand for some reason.

20. The Hop Walla

The Hop Walla
    from Dallas

Yep, I've got that same bowsaw scar in the same spot. Wicked, lightning-bolt shaped SOB. Blade hopped out of the cut on the downstroke and, in full momentum, made a pass across my hand. Yeouch!

21. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Silicosis, not silacosis. Being picky but............. you know shit happens.

22. 2bridges

2bridges
    from NE

many of the norm, but one of particular humor.....

Stepped into the shop one afternoon....
    had on a pair of shorts, and threw on the closest pair of shoes - happened to be cowboy boots.
    As I grabbed whatever I went out there for I decided to quick weld the last little bit of what I was working the night before......

Of course a big nasty gob of slag gets in my left boot....
    I hoped and jumped and jumped and hopped... and peeled that boot off
    followed promptly with a loud "that didn't hurt" just in case anybody was watching :)

mental Note to self: no more shorts and boots

23. My car scars are starting to cover my work related scars.
    How much is a tetanus shot these days?

24. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

I've been "Scarred for Life" by some of the HAMB people that I've met.

:D;)

Malcolm

25. PoopStain06

PoopStain06
    BANNED
    from SoCal

Britney is that you? Welcome to the H.A.M.B.

Attached Files:

26. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

i was spraying an engine compartment, stood up and backed up into a heat lamp and melted my t-shirt right to my body! THAT SUCKED!!

27. jimmyv

jimmyv

I have scars on top of scars. Each and every finger has multiple scars

28. timmy t

timmy t

Is it luck that where all still here to talk about these mishaps or is it help from the car gods?

29. autobilly

autobilly

Uncanny, I've got exactly the same scar in exactly the same place and mine also weeps filth when I work on cars.

30. Fresh469

Fresh469
    from Benton, KY

i cant work on something without busting at least one knuckle...most of the time i do not even realize i did it until i get done and go in to wash my hands....

i have a scar on the palm of my left hand close to my index finger from working on a model car....it's only about 1/4" long, but the knife went in about 1/2 inch and it bled like crazy...went to the kitchen and was like "mom, i cut myself, and cant get it to stop bleeding, what do i do" then i leaned up against the cabinet and opened my hand up to make sure there was no nerve damage and the next thing i remember is waking up to mom shaking the living hell out of me and a pool of blood on the floor......also got a scar on my left cheek (face cheek that is) from the same incident because i hit the back of a chair on the way down.....

ended up superglueing it