Register now to get rid of these ads!

Scams by people wanting to buy your car or parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 47Plym, Sep 2, 2004.

1. This topic may have been addressed previously, if so please forgive the repetition. It was just being discussed on another board, so thought I would mention it here. It's about the foreign fellow who says either he is the potential buyer or an agent for a buyer. He ultimately wants to send you a cashier's check for more money than the item you are selling, and you give him the item plus the overage amount. Although the checks appear legit and your bank at first thinks they are good, they are bogus, and when the bank finally finds that out...then you may wind up with even more problems. One fellow who was the victim is now being accused as a bad guy. So, if you actually go thru with the deal, you have lost your item plus the money gou gave them. Some stories on this topic: http://www.gaspumpclassics.com/newsletter/030528_nigerian_scam.cfm

2. JamesG

JamesG

This topic is so old it not only has hair, it's actually starting to lose it.

3. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

[ QUOTE ]
    This topic is so old it not only has hair, it's actually starting to lose it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i heard it moved to florida for retirment..

[​IMG]

thanx though for your friendly thought, but this topic has been well covered..

4. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

Yes. It has been covered.
    What amazes me, people still fall for it.

Old saying, if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is.

5. It happened just today. No shit. The 40 Merc in the classified adds.

I'm not joking, the guy said he was from Portugal and wanted to send 11K and get a check back for the rest. that's cool. who would fall for that one? who would let their car go without the check clearing?

If anyone falls for this they are just plain stupid.

6. OK....I can see the subject has been cussed and discussed ad nauseum. Thanks for the feedback on that. Ya never know til ya ask....since I'm pretty new around here. Lots of interesting info and some pretty dandy pictures I've seen so far. Although I don't own a rod, only an ol flathead 6 Plym, I enjoy seeing and reading about everyone's rides. You're never too old to learn something new.