Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest SCAMMER ALERT

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Martys 55, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Martys 55

Martys 55

new member DAVID 00938 , I posted an alert in the parts wanted section please read
    thanks marty

2. 117harv

117harv

When you see or think it's a scammer, report them so they can be removed.

3. Oh while I am thinking about it I do have an ad myself for some parts for sale, I have suggested that we trade numbers, if anyone is interested and is not comfortable trading numbers we can handle everything via the message system.

4. wex65

wex65
    from WV

I know this likely wont work but maybe have it such that a member cannot use the PM system or post to classifieds without paying a 50c or $1 fee (via credit card). That would, hopefully, dissuade most scammers as it requires an ID/address/credit card. Any nominal amount.

I know this is a disproportionate amount of work for Ryan, and that brings with it a significant cost in development etc.

5. I probably shouldn't say this and maybe with the more modern culture of the site it would not work but it would not hurt to find someone on the board that is willing to go look at parts for whomever is buying.

I have a hard fast rule that has frosted a few and more then once I probably lost a sale over it but I don't do business with anyone who has zero post count or their only posts are in the class ads unless they can get someone to vouch for them, preferable someone that I know.

harpo1313, 117harv and 5window like this.
  6. Martys 55

Martys 55

I google the phone # and he scammed money from other people from other sites

7. Gene Boul

Gene Boul

HAMB is the best way to stop or at least limit the trouble these folks can do!

8. wvenfield

wvenfield

Sent me a PM on a want ad I had. Hover over the profile, see that they had signed up the same day, ignored.