Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sbc valve stem seal-update

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mt shasta steve, Jun 28, 2012.

1. mt shasta steve

mt shasta steve

Well guys it turns out there IS a Felpro umbrella seal that clears the spring dampener and does NOT require machining the valve guide boss.
    Felpro #SS10058, Fits a (get ready) Studebaker! I'm installing them now, I'll let you know how they work. Use them with the stock Cheby square o-ring.

2. 54fierro

54fierro
    from san diego

We used to sell those all the time for the chevys. I run them myself and haven't seen any problems using them.

I think they are actually listed in the "performance" catalog as an alternate number. You should be fine. Cesar

3. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

That's cool.. Thanks for posting......

4. About thirty years ago or so, I was rebuilding the overhead 4 cylinder in my dad's H Farmall tractor. The old machinist that did the valve job told me that the valve guides were worn but were not replaceable and IH Farmall did not offer a valve seal. He told me that he used Studebaker valve stem seals for this application.

5. man-a-fre

man-a-fre

Yep ,ive always got them by asking for 65 cadiillac sealswork great on chevys.

6. knotheads

knotheads

the stude seals work very well on the sbc.

7. I've got an old SS10058 box and it says Studebaker and Cadillac. Sold thousands of them over the years. They work fine on sbc.