Register now to get rid of these ads!

sbc to banjo rear ????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Johnny Black, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Johnny Black

Johnny Black

Can this be done? Well im know it can. But how? Do i need an adapter to fit the sbc to an earlier trans? or use my tranny? I need help.

2. plan9

plan9

3. Johnny Black

Johnny Black

4. if you are gonna use an old ford tranny , you will need an adapter ,and the correct flywheel ,clutch and starter

instead of going into all the details ,here's the setup on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TRAN...ryZ34208QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

5. Johnny Black

Johnny Black

6. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

You could also convert the banjo to open drive by way of The Hot Rod Works parts available. This is how I used a 5-speed behind my Flatty and in front of my banjo.

7. Johnny Black

Johnny Black

Like this? IS there a cheaper do it yourself aproach/

Attached Files:

8. if you want to use the old ford tranny with the closed driveshaft, you use the stuff i showed you on ebay

if you want to use a modern tranny , use the stuff that flathead pete said..and convert your rear to open drive

someone posted a tech on doing a homemade open driveline conversion..maybe it's in the TECH section?...or someone can find it

9. Johnny Black

Johnny Black

I guess it depends on what tranny i find first. I have a 4 speed granny and a th350, but want sometnhing else for this one.