Register now to get rid of these ads!

SBC & Mustang Radiator & Hoses

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ANDEREGG TRIBUTE, May 12, 2011.

1. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

Hey guys, did a search but couldnt come up with exactly what I was looking for. So I am wondering if anybody out there has the part numbers for the radiator hoses that they are using for a small block chevy mated to a Mustang radiator. Passenger side outlets and inlets. I figure I am probably going to end up with one of those new fangled swiveling thermostat housings to point to the pass side and snake around the breather tube. Thanks for any help you guys can offer.....I'm sure I'm not the only one that can use this info......:D

P.S. I have heard that you can use a Chrysler t-stat housing (the ones that point straight up) with their t-stat on a SBC, is this true?

2. trad27

trad27

I have a 283 with the thermastat pointing strait forward and I used Part # D70778 from autozone for the upper and it worked out pretty good but there are so many variables no telling if it will work for you. On the lower I cheated and used a flex hose. I will try yo get a pic for you tommarow.

3. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Easy enough to have the upper moved to the driver's side of the tank if your alternator or generator is on the passenger side.

4. Halfdozen

Halfdozen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There is a '70's Caddy iron thermostat housing that uses the same bolt pattern and thermostat as a Chev, with a straight- up outlet. I bought one from Napa some years ago, don't recall the part number. Some older full size Chev vans also used a housing with an outlet that came straight forward then straight up.

5. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

Thanks guys for the input, I am considering moving the top rad neck. Anybody else have any experience with this combo?