Register now to get rid of these ads!

SBC motor mount angle?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nobux, Sep 10, 2005.

1. nobux

nobux

Does anyone know off hand the angle of a chevy motor mount in compared to a level surface?

Thanks,
    Karl

2. Be more specific. Do you mean the slope of the engine to get the carb level ? Or do you mean the 3-bolt side mounts ?

3. I see two answers to that question....

[On the block]= to mount cushion surface- I'd bet its about a perfect 45 degrees.

If you instead mean -what angle woud the stand off the frame rail TO THE MOUNT CUSHION......It usually is built at about a level plane from the top of the frame rail on most rod chassis......90 degrees to the top of frame itself?
    this again wholly depends on the height you want the drivetrain off the street...

4. nobux

nobux

I should have been more specific, but I was having a hard time figuring out how. I'm building another set of motor mounts. I need the angle of the side of the block where mount bolts on with the 3 bolts.

5. 45 degrees.

Need the dimensions ? I have them on a CAD drawing.

6. DrJ

DrJ

From the side or the end?
    You have a block?
    If so, why are you not just cutting to fit?
    That's hotrodding... :cool:
    If not, get one...

7. nobux

nobux

Because DrJ, even the BARE block over in the corner is pretty heavy. I'm getting pretty weak and lazy in my advancing age, and just though that someone here could help me out with some info they had on hand (Thanks JohnnyFast and choprods!) THAT'S hotrodding! :cool: :D Plus, cutting to fit sucks. Making a pattern and checking fit first produces a cleaner part.

Thanks guys! JohnnyFast, if you could post those drawings here, or email them to me, that would be great! Thanks again,

Karl

8. Do you have a version of Autocad ?