Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods SBC install in original 32 frame using original 32 front mounts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 2muchstuff, Feb 15, 2016.

1. 2muchstuff

2muchstuff
    from Eastern KS

Has anyone here on the hamb actually used original 32 front motor mounts (the forged 90 degree legs) to install an early SBC in an original 32 chassis with an adapter to the early ford tranny?

I've searched high and low. There are many discussions and observations that "the original mounts are very close and should work" but I'm not able to find actual photos or a person that says they have actually done this. I've measured both blocks (flathead and SBC) and they are "close". I even have a set of original 32 mounts with an extra set of holes drilled in them that appear to fit a SBC.

I'm looking for first hand knowledge and hopefully photos!! Any help appreciated.

2. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Look up Dennis Lacy on here. He shows a very detailed SBC installation into his stock 32 PU using the original 32 L shaped mtr mounts, biscuits and the original front crossmember. Titled 32 pickup rebuild thread.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  3. linechaser32

linechaser32
    from Iowa

Did it that way back in the 70's. I feel that is a long stretch from the front of the motor to the tailshaft of the trans. Never broke anything, but decided against it on other builds. Tri five chevies did it, but there was a mount on the bell housing.

4. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Chevy AD's and Task Forces also have front mounts along with mounts on the bell housing.