Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sayin Hi and Hello.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by G31270Oldsmobile1938, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Hello guys and gals, My name is Adam. I am a newbie to the whole hot rod scene as well as message boards. I just bought my first resto-rod project car and was told to stop on by to acquire knowledge and wisdom from the seasoned veterans here. On my plate is a 1938 Oldsmobile 2dr Touring Sedan equipped with an inline 6 flathead engine and a 3 speed stick on the floor. I have uploaded a few pictures of the car from when I first layed eyes on her up to the most recent amount of beginning preservation work that I have done. Its going to be a long and winding road for me and the auto and im sure ill be posting a bunch of questions. So if anybody out there has gone through similar situations than please chime in and shed some light. Now like i said i am mainly here for assistance if i need any and to show the world what I am going through to bring this beauty back to life. Thanks for taking the time to read my novel. If you have questions or comments, Open fire.

Adam H.
    G31270Oldsmobile1938

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  2. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

3. Sumfuncomet

Sumfuncomet

Welcome from the Great State of Maine, would love to see some pics of that car, always loved that year front end.

4. chopper526

chopper526
    from Phila., PA

Welcome from Philly, let's see some pics!

5. Thank you for the warm welcomes. I have 13 or 14 photos posted in my album. Shes a solid car from Michigan. My friend had her trucked down here to Jerseyand now she is sitting in the back lot of his yard. The body is in decent condition, minus the dents dings and past fix ups on the drivers fender. The floors are pretty much gone in the cab, and starting to go in the trunk as well. Im missing a few trim parts, the tail lights, running lights that attached to the head lights, a few knobs and switches off the dash, and finally the steering wheel center cap. I certainly have my hand full with this one.

6. Welcome to the H.A.M.B

7. mailerguy1

mailerguy1