Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Save Mart Show n Shines, Reno, Carson City, NV

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LeoH, Jul 6, 2013.

1. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> So I went to one of these events. Very nice little gathering:
    http://www.redcarpeteventsanddesign.com/save-mart-supermarkets-show-n-shine/

Tomorrow is at Save Mart on N. McCarran Blvd. near Mae Anne. Starting next weekend, there are events scheduled at Carson City Save Marts for the next 2 weekends and then back to Reno on 7/27 through 8/3.

One thing, I was mistaken, the winner of the show that day gets a $100 SaveMart gift certificate. For just showing up, the first 25 registered get a lunch ticket for 2 cold tri-tip sandwiches on a ciabatta bun, with sauce. Chips, choice of drink and cookies. they were pretty good sandwiches. Moist. There is a large awning with tables set up to relax and not spend the time in the sun under your car. Live DJ broadcast from 92.9 the Bandit, games for the grandkids, raffles, including rides in the SaveMart drag shopping cart. I did not do that, but I was tempted, it looked fun. They ride you around the parking lot in a 454 powered 20' tall grocery cart!

Register online, you may be able to show up and register for a lunch, but it's going to depend on who shows up where. There were over 30 cars at this Save Mart, only 25 had signed up ahead of time.

Let's see if we can get some Studebakers rolling in public. Most of the cars at Spanish Springs were typical top class HAN cars, but there was a nice patinaed 58 Chevy pickup. I was the only other original finish car, everyone else were show cars.

In case anyone in Northern Nevada is reading this....

I have a couple of photos of today in my album, including the Save Mart shopping cart. 20' tall and powered by a 454! Fun!

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

did not see any car show pics

3. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

They are in an album in my profile. I don't have a public photo page.