Register now to get rid of these ads!

Santa brought me a Stude for XMAS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bassfire, Dec 23, 2006.

1. Bassfire

Bassfire
    from Mart, Tx.

Not a barn find....but was sittin close to the barn. My wife bought this one for me for Christmas. Was an old drag car with Olds and hydro and a 57 Chev rear. Engine and trans are gone and the carrier is gone from the rear end. Gonna be lots of work but aren't they all.
    Haven't decided what to do with it. Maybe black, slammed, and some Bass striping or flames????

Attached Files:

2. Black, shiny black, with spun moons and Olds power. No flames or scallops. Very subtle striping. Good to GO.

3. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Nice find! I love these cars - just got one myself.

4. roddinron

roddinron

Looks like a really solid car, I've got one like it, it came from New Mexico, damn, you guys are lucky to have so many rust free cars.

5. bobby_Socks

bobby_Socks
    from ǑǃƕǑ

How are all of those kiddies going to get there presents now that you got santa's sleigh ???? Merry Christmas and good luck with it...

6. Bassfire

Bassfire
    from Mart, Tx.

Kinda what I was thinkin....already have the moons and a gallon of black PPG.

7. Omega

Omega
    from Mass

Awsome...

In August 2004 i went to my very first drag race, it was a gasser reunion at New England Dragway, in Epping NH. It was about mid day, in the corner of my eye (im 19 here at the time) i see this green flaked stude rolling in through the ticket gate, i tracked it down, and it was sitting in the pits all the way near the arrival booth, near the return lane from the strip. all alone, so i took these photos with ym crap tastic camera i had at the time. I do not know what engine was in it. I do not know the owner either, id love to meet him though and shake his hand for owning such a beautiful car that looks so simple and smooth.

Attached Files:

8. rixrex

rixrex

53-54s are the coolest and the cleanest..after that they started putting on grilles and fins and crapping them up. I run a later model 289 Hawk engine with new Edelbrock in my 53 and it does fine..and no, the Paxton supercharger won't fit on that combination without cutting the hood, Damn..Did you guys know that at the Pure Stock Muscle Car Drags that a 64 Stude Lark 289 w/supercharger is in the NINES!..now I'm jonesin' for an Avanti, the other coolest car....rixrex

9. michiganman061

michiganman061
    from Michigan

Congrats on getting a stude.....I got my first one years ago and at last count I had around 12

10. roddinron

roddinron

That is exactly the chop I'd like to do to mine, that car is beautiful. I've sat in my garage and stared at it, I've drawn lines all over it, and looked at every angle of it, and can't get up the nerve to start cuttin'. I've done my share of chops, but the different angles of a stude roof make it a real challenge, and I've seen a lot of them that were really screwed up, but this one is perfect. I'd sure like to pick this guys brain, my car is so nice (totally rust free) that I don't want to mess it up, and I feel a little intimidated by the complexity of this particular chop (and the fact that I'm 6' 5" tall). It looks like the windows are glass, could you tell, especially the back one.

11. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

i LOVE flames but you can't argue with that there. it'd look KILLER!!!!

12. BELLM

BELLM

Nice present! Momma Bass has a good eye for cool old cars.
    You gonna have it ready for the Caldwell Kolache Festival car show next september?
    Growing up always heard Studes referred to as "Bohemian Cadillacs"!
    I'm sure thats not politically correct and will get me in a lot of trouble with all of my Czech friends:)
    Merry Christmas!

13. Bassfire

Bassfire
    from Mart, Tx.

Prob. not since I have to get her 55 Buick together first. Maybe it will be driveable and we can come in it. Got it stripped down and a Nova clip sitting beside it, but weather may slow me down.
    We will be there in the 36 if the Buick ain't ready tho. Had a great time there last year.

14. Doesn't that green one have a Cad mill in it? I've seen it before up close and its just sick. If that Stude you got was an old drag car, make it back into one. Olds mill, lettering on the side, slicks......it deserves it!
    -Dean

15. Man, you should have told her about mine, it's still for sale and you
    could drive it right now.

Welcome to the Stude family, let me know if you need parts I have some
    extras.

16. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

damn.... nice score! I'm still lookin for a cheapie 53/4 post.

17. Sweet ride! I have a two door stationwagon, same body style. As soon as my sons 56 Chevy is done I'm starting on it!

18. Cheap!? Always with the cheap, you are…

And……you like expensive things.

19. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Very cool present.

20. confederate jack

confederate jack

dude,

any of that stuff in the background for sale?

21. jetmek

jetmek

every time one of these posts come up i start jones'n for the 53 i sold last month. that green one has a 472 cad mill. its as clean on the bottom as on top. last i knew it was for sale. somewhere in the 50's i think. WAY more than i got for mine...

22. classicfins

classicfins

Sweet! Here's a couple of pics of one I've always liked. If I remember right the roof was 41 inches high. No matter which way you go it will definately be a cool ride. Merry Christmas!

classicfins

Attached Files:

23. pecker head

pecker head

Thats Cool Jerry , I just found a 54 Conastoga 2 door wagon last week , I might wind up with it .

24. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

WOW! You better hang onto her. You never know what your birthday or next Christmas will bring. :)

25. Bassfire

Bassfire
    from Mart, Tx.

Matter of fact they are. They are located in Mexia TX. I don't know any prices tho. He is an ole skool rodder/customizer and has several projects with chopped tops that may be for sale too. I better get his ok before I post his name and phone.

26. Bassfire

Bassfire
    from Mart, Tx.

Just gave him a call and he said he is ready to sell some of his cars, and might be open to some trades. His name is Fred Clark and ph. # is 254 562 6026. Be sure and id yourself as calling about the cars for sale cause he don't like telemarketers and will not talk to them.
    JB

27. Bassfire

Bassfire
    from Mart, Tx.

FLT-BLK
    Are you the friend Brian told me about that might have some extra parts? Got some pictures of you car....cool ride. Fred Clark has another one with orig. V-8 and OD that will be a mild custom when he finishes it. He says it will be his "keeper".

28. Dale Fairfax

Dale Fairfax
    Member Emeritus

This is one of the rare chop jobs (on a Studey) where somebody got it right--The front was dropped more than the back. If you look at a stocker, the front of the top is too high. But someday I hope to see one where the base of the windshield is lowered when the top is cut (and leveled). The cowl runs up-hill into the windshield and gives the car a clumsy look in that area.

29. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

I can't believe that... how long has Fred had the Stude you got? Just seen him at the last swapmeet but he didn't mention it.

The 'keeper..' Is that the one that's jambed yellow? Palmer's old car that was supposed to get that built 392?