Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sandblasting Cost

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BZNSRAT, Jun 10, 2009.

1. BZNSRAT

BZNSRAT

What are yall payin' for sandblasting per hour?

Whats fair now-a-days?

Thanks

2. ...doc...

...doc...
    from Houston

around 75 bucks an hour, here in Houston

3. 57blevins

57blevins
    from omaha ar

$1 per min. here in Ar.

4. RClark

RClark

Here in northwest Florida I paid about a grand to have my '55 plastic-bead blasted and epoxy primed. He didn't give me an hourly rate, just quoted a price.

5. i had a model a frame and our local guy quoted me at $150. between then and now i picked up a ford 9" and he did that too, no extra charge

6. duste01

duste01

I asked for a quote from the closest place and as soon as I said 39 ford deluxe, it was an instant 750- thousand bucks. I'll buy the stuff myself for that.

7. chevy51deluxe

chevy51deluxe
    from Indiana

Funny I should see this tonight.
    Took my Fatman fab chassis to a be blasted tonight. Stayed there while the guy is doing it. He brought out stands to put it on - im thinking jack stands, nope 3 foot high stands. First thought - great, this is gonna end up on the ground.
    Well, it ended up on the ground. Whole lotta not happy. Left with it, pissed. Not goiong back there for anything. He is the only one around that blasts tho.

8. monster

monster

I have my own small shop and have had a portable blasting setup for just over a year now, we get $125.00 an hour with fine river sand, and $160.00 a hour for bicarbonate baking soda. There are many abrasives out these days and it can be very hard to set a price. that is just my two cents