Register now to get rid of these ads!

San Francisco

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lorolr, Mar 29, 2013.

1. I agree tardels flathead ranch is well worth a visit!! So is scotty chops place!!!

2. mikes51

mikes51

Yep, good times. Usually a rolling start on that highway at night.

lorolr, the Great Highway is on the far right of this photo, one of the few long stretches of street in SF with no intersections. Sadly that amusement park at the bottom of the hill is gone now.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you go to Fisherman's wharf by the waterfront, check out the vintage street cars they have running there now.

Also, that was really important and good advice on dressing for the changing weather. Around 2 or 3 in the afternoon, the warm weather inland pulls in the wind through the gap where the Golden Gate bridge is. That makes San Francisco bay one of the best sailing places in Northern Cal but also the worst for a family dressed in shorts in the summer.

3. BettyBlue

BettyBlue

My plan is Santa Maria next year, but start in Nor Cal with my old peeps!

4. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

You'll certainly visit Brizio's. Afterwards, drive a short distance down South Spruce to El Camino. Look across the intersection to the right for Gotelli's. See what a 50 year-old speed shop still open and in it's original location looks like.
    Team Gotelli were the first ones to run firesuits and parachutes on their cars.
    The firesuit was tested right there in their small parking lot by Jim McLennan, walking through, then tripping and falling into a fire.
    The parachute was tested on Ted Gotelli's old Ford pickup. Ripped the tailgate off in front of Malloy's Tavern on Old Mission Road.

5. evintho

evintho

Check out Billetproof. It's in Antioch in mid-September.

6. mutant55

mutant55

Yep, just like Blowby says, Sears Point will always be Sears Point, and most of all, Fremont will always be Fremont! Even though they covered it with an auto Mall! I too spent lots of night on the Great Highway, Brotherhood Way, and Caroll Street either racing my buddies cas , or mine, I hear there is still some street racing at Carroll Street, lots of new faces, and some second generation of the guys I raced down there still!

Other than that, Tardels, Brizios are the most promenant shops open, but the industrial area of South San Francisco is crawling with hot rod stuff, lot's of small guys getting it done.

7. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah, that's true, but if he's looking for information on the inter-tubes, he ought to have the current name.

8. mutant55

mutant55

Right, he would need the correct name. What I wanted to add in here is if he makes it out to "Sears Point Raceway" There are plenty of shops on premise that are doing everything from total fabrication, to lettering and Vinyl work that he could probably check out, and another shop I thought of that is way cool, is Phil Rielley and sons in San Rafael. I went there with my Uncle a couple of years ago, and they are doing some beautiful work there, mostly old race cars, and euro stuff, but if he was headed up to Tardell's, he could stop at Phil's first, on to Sears Point, and up to Vern's for a day full of some great sights. Just my two cents.

9. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER