Register now to get rid of these ads!

San Antonio, Tx HAMB'rs Where are y'all??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by A31ModelA, Apr 10, 2011.

1. 50 chevy matt

50 chevy matt
    from UK

Could do with some help please guys, my 3100 came from San Antonio off the 1604 i beleive, a guy called Bo Southern owned it, looks like a big house and lots of barns on his property and a few old cars about, near a lake if i remember rightly ( looked on google earth lol )
    it was on air ride, sbc engine and all matte black with rusty tailgate and a 54 bed on a 50 cab, 1995 s10 chassis, steel early vette wheels in black, ally fuel cell behind cab in the bed with a metal lift up cover over it all,

im sure someone must of seen it about and i beleive it was on ebay for sale before it came over here to the UK

im trying to track him down as the local registration place keep the pink slip for some reason with details of previous owner and i never wrote it down anywhere

would be great to talk to the guy who built it and find out a few things about it

many thanks
    Matt

2. 55 on bags

55 on bags

i have a buddy that knows BO ill talk to him tomorrow

3. 50 chevy matt

50 chevy matt
    from UK

thats awsome news 55 on bags, thank you so much for your help

Matt

4. I am up for a cruise on March 23rd!

5. LowMOJO

LowMOJO

Hey guys if Yall looking for something to do during the day this Saturday March 9th my buddy and a few friends are helping him host "The Mini-bike mess around" its for any and all vintage or Kustom mini bike enthusiasts of all ages! :) Anyhow below is the pic with event info! Hope to see some local hambers there! Oh and if ya got a mini bring it!

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

Attached Files:

6. 210eddiep

210eddiep

I know Soda pops is the 23 of mar. I was hoping to be able to meet some of you hambers there but my brother in law is having his 50th birtday party the same day. So maybe the next time.

Its in Austin otherwise I would say lets have it at soda pops. Thats where I celebrate mine every year.:D

7. shadams

shadams

Sorry, just saw this. I meant not happening for me because I dont think my truck will be driveable by then. But hell yea, we go for long drives all the time, even in my 85 3/4, looking for old cars around the hill country. I think riding around making lunch stops etc would be much more fun then ust parking somewhere, but that would be nice also.. Anyway... later.

8. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

I think a few of us may go to the car show at Dick's in San Marcos on the 23rd and then head to Soda Pops from there. It's a semi-lame open car show so I didn't put it on the calendar but it's something to pass the time. Actually I doubt I will get there early enough to actually enter, but will just drive one of the old cars, park in the parking lot and spectate.

www.dicksclassicgarage.com/

9. 54LedSled

54LedSled

x2 for me...i haven't been out there yet and want to check it out.

10. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Matt I heard the museum at Dick's is actually pretty good!

11. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

The harley dealership in Boerne is having a "Rockabilly" event on the same saturday as the show at Dick's. Got to wonder what that is going to be about. They also are letting in any year of car so I didn't add them to the calendar. I do have to say that the band they hired played at the 2012 Hot Rod Revolution in Austin and were pretty dam good. May have to skip San Marcos and go to the harley place just to see them, then head to Soda Pops that evening...

Who is going where this weekend??

http://www.javelinaharley.com/event...ear=2013&location=0&Submit=Search&inputpage=1

12. LowMOJO

LowMOJO

Hey jeff a few of us locals are going to javelina tooo

13. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Sounds great, be glad to see you all there. Tell Mick I have some EPDM bushings for him if he still needs them for mounting his bed to frame.

14. LowMOJO

LowMOJO

15. 36tbird

36tbird

A buddy went to the HD thing a couple of years ago and seems like I remember his saying it was a $40 entrance. Are they still trying to charge the people who bring the cars that draw visitors an exorbitant fee?

16. LowMOJO

LowMOJO

Hey Jeff , Mick said bring those bushings on Saturday.

17. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Says $10 and a free lunch. ??

18. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

OK will do.

19. pearl31

pearl31

What time will ya'll be heading to soda pops??

20. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

I would guess around 5. ??

21. 210eddiep

210eddiep

So how was Soda Pops? Any pics?

22. Randy Routt

Randy Routt

I know a guy in S.A.from my hometown, has a shop called sotexracing. Builds a variety of stuff. I have been telling him he should check the HAMB out.

23. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Huge turnout, but we only stayed for about an hour before heading back to the other cruise night on Portranco. Before Soda Pops, we spent the day at the little car show at the Harley Dealership in Boerne. Was a 14 hour day overall and it got hot as hell in the afternoon but we all had a fun time! No pictures, I don't ever take any. My wife takes a bunch of them as well as videos but they only go to facebook, sorry.

24. 54LedSled

54LedSled

Hey Jeff sorry we didn't make it out to soda pops, we were exhausted. Plus I had to be up early in this morning to pick up a project for my dad. A 41 Sedan. :) Glad ya'll had fun, as always cool hanging out.

25. shadams

shadams

My dad and I busted our ass all afternoon Saturday putting up a feeder, by the time I got home I was worn out and sunburned to hell. I didnt even remember we missed Soda Pops until Monday morning. The next one is Apr 6 I think, same day as Roundup and every other thing in the world apparently.

26. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Up coming stuff to do...

I'm not going to any more of them, but Soda Pops cruise night is this Sat April 27th in Boerne.

The following weekend I'll be in Iowa at Torque Fest, but the Vintage Air open house is Sat May 4th in San Antonio.

For peope willing to travel this weekend, there is a somewhat traditional show in Texas City on the 27th and there is some vintage drag racing at little river on the 27th.

Lots to do if you want to get out and do it!

27. 36tbird

36tbird

A bit OT but I just remembered this thread. Anyone know a fella around Blanco who was trying to sell a Speedway frame up at the NB swap meet this past weekend? I wished I had got his name as I might be interested in that piece. Please PM or e-mail me if someone knows how I might contact him. Thanks.

28. LowMOJO

LowMOJO

https://www.facebook.com/robert.perez.39108#!/events/334240920032252/?notif_t=plan_user_joined
    Hey guys here's some info on a local Drive INN Movie Night we are Hosting in Downtown San Antonio,Tx. The Venue is Called Broadway Sports Bar Located at 2411 Broadway Sa,Tx 78212 (210) 212-6800 for times and info. We are planning on running this event every 3rd or 4th Friday of the month until the fall season. The next one will Fall on Friday May 17th, and we will be screening "The Day The Earth Stood Still" An American Sci-Fi Classic! We will have free popcorn while it lasts and the movie will start at aprox. sunset, (7:30-8:pm). PLEASE Note this is a FREE Event and for all ages. Please bring your own chairs or watch from the comfort of your classic car,truck or bike! We look forward to seeing you there and thanks!

29. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

A few of us went to the trial run of movie night last week and it was one heck of a fun time! Robert, thanks for posting this up and for putting this together with Gus!

30. 210eddiep

210eddiep

Are ot cars welcome?