Register now to get rid of these ads!

"Sam" TOHRJ RIP

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pontiac Slim, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

Hey
    Waz 5 years ago 2-nite that Sam passed away.. Still miss ya Sam!
    Pontiac Slim

Attached Files:

2. My FTF tag was the ONE thing that didn't get sold with the Touring, it awaits my Tudor. RIP Sam.

3. ratster

ratster

RIP brother

4. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

I meet him at Bonneville.We talked about my 32 hiboy.He later sent me his "ftf" which I put on the roadster.I got a lot of questions about what that ment.Sold the roadster,kept the "ftf" and it will be going on a 29 roadster some time this year when it is finished.I didnt know him well--- but I think about him when I see the "ftf" on my parts shelf

5. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Thanks for bringing that up Slim, I'm gonna go drink a Pabst in his honor right now.

B:(B

6. Wow, same story here.

7. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

Hey...
    Waz at a party at Sams house many years ago(boy there waz some good ones) anyway, ask'd hiz daughter what FTF ment... F**K The Fenders waz her reply.....
    Pontiac Slim

8. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

RIP sam. Good to see that his car still makes it to the salt flats. That would mean alot to him
    Gasser Girl

9. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

just a sidenote, Greg ,Sams son, drives the car at the Flats.. Think that puts a smile on Sam?
    Pontiac Slim
    PS Your coupe red?

10. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Pontiac slim,
    The previous willys that we owned was red. That one went to a new home and we now have an all steel 1940 coupe that is painted and lettered up like the filthy forty was. I love that car of sams. My husband almost talked me into putting a glass wall between the garage and livingroom like sam had once upon a time. That was cool!!!!!
    Gasser Girl

11. Justin B

Justin B

never got to meet him but here the great stories every year at bonneville, sounds like he had more fun in his lifetime than most of us ever will,
    rip

deffinetly one of my favorite cars of all time as well

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. hiboyroadsterboy

hiboyroadsterboy
    from Mass

I had the great honer to meet Sam,he is missed by lots.

13. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

Hey..
    I must know you folks, beem run'n the roads with the coupe for 22 yrs. Been to most of the Sams "events"

Ya on the live'n room & garage. I built on to the house(live'n room side) a few year ago, have good size window there but thats all (so far)
    Sams daughter told me that the kids bought the house.. vacant but still in the family
    Anyway...did you hear about LSR race'n up north?
    Pontiac Slim
    www.badlandscoupe.com

Attached Files:

14. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

Yes my friend, you hit the nail on the head.

Some year I'm going to tell you all a story about Sam and my daughter. I told the story at the funeral but I waz pretty well loaded.... just too damm hard to tell right now but there waz a lot more to Sam then "Hot Rods & Rock & Roll"
    My daughter died in 98....
    www.badlandscoupe.com
    Pontiac Slim

15. hiboyroadsterboy

hiboyroadsterboy
    from Mass

Everytime I saw Sam at Ty-Rods he would always say hi to me,he seemed like a cool guy,a real hotrodder.I dont claim to have known him that well,but he knew me,as the Prez of the Pharoahs.

16. Tony

Tony

Never met the man, but knew who he was..........
    R.I.P. Sam...
    Gone but not forgotten..

17. I believe I will do the same.

Charlie

18. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

Hey.. You met Sam once.. you made a friend for life...
    Sam waz the "Old School Hot Rodder" for sure.. Last time I waz at the Ty Rods event me & Sam ran back to Maine together. all the way up the pike 80-100 mph. Two hot rods bumper to bumper! What a time.. there never waz a dull moment if Sam was involved..
    Pontiac Slim

19. 48bill

48bill

Sure doesn't seem like 5 years.
    I met Sam and we became "friends for life" in the mid 1970's. I remember well when he walked away from his wrecked coupe on the way to lake George in the early to mid 1980's. It tangled with an 18 wheeler. He was pretty shook and damned lucky and it was the first and last time I saw him turn down a cold one. I have an "FTF" for the yet to be completed roadster and a quick change cover with my last name on it that he found at a swap meet and sent to me. We are still thinking of you and look forward to hangin out up there when the time comes.