Register now to get rid of these ads!

"Sam" tohrj #1034 RIP

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pontiac Slim, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

Still think'n your gonna call....

Attached Files:

2. Doug B

Doug B

I am sorry I never got to meet this guy.

3. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

RIP...

He changed a couple lives of some midwest car nuts, that's for sure.

4. I have just recently heard stories about Sam - Sorry I never got a chance to meet him!

R.I.P.

5. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

I met him at the State Line one night while down for the salt races.We talked about cars and trips with them.He thought I needed a F T F plaque for my roadster.A couple weeks later I got package in the mail with one.I still have it and it will go on the 29 roadster I'm building.Sorry I didnt get to know him better.Must have been a good guy and a great hot rodder!!

6. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

Sam waz one of those people that you'll meet once in a lifetime if you're lucky. There was yet another side to Sam.... At 10yrs old my daughter who was sticken with cancer saw his other side...and made her smile many many times...
    See Dave what I told ya both the FTF plaques!

7. I always gave Sam the best deal I could on those FTF plaques because i know for a fact that he gave away more of those plaques than he ever took money for.

Hot Rods, Harleys and Rock and Roll!!

RHRDHF Pissah vanity plate!

And don't forget the POD factor:)

Miss ya Sam!!

8. FTF forever, met sam through BobK on my first trip to the salt. A good man lost too soon

9. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

How true... without a doubt was one of a kind. As I've mentioned b-4 there was a lot to the man and he did a lot to keep the hot rod hobby "alive & well"...
    I can still recall the nite he "gave" me the FTF plaque...and my daughter a rose.....

10. So sorry to hear it...I also am a reciepient of an FTF plaque and will run it proudly on my car when I get it on the road..

11. Marcia

Marcia

Rip

Attached Files:

• ftf.JPG
      ftf.JPG
      File size:
      96.8 KB
      Views: