Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Saginaw pump on a 325 Hemi? What bracket?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by samdjr74, Jul 13, 2018.

1. samdjr74

samdjr74

Hello all,

I'm trying to run a modern Saginaw PS pump on my 58 Dodge with a 325 Hemi in it. The car would have come stock with a Vickers pump, however, they aren't easy to get, they are extremely costly to rebuild and I've been told reliability is hit or miss. Plus I have a newer Saginaw in there now but the home made bracket is a nightmare. The pump sits at a bad angle and the welds are plain old ugly. I was wondering if anyone is aware of a bracket that I can use either as a direct bolt on or something that needs minimal modifications. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Sam

Attached Files:

2. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Ideally this is one of those "build as required" projects but if you have limited skills, equipment, etc retrofitting existing components (or kits) is an option, this Google search is full of photos and inspiration from the myriad of components and kits from suppliers.
    Note this was just for small blocks, most of these vendors cover big blocks also.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sma...1p3cAhVD2IMKHQ1VAqgQ_AUICygC&biw=1280&bih=752

LOU WELLS likes this.
  3. phat rat

phat rat

Use the bracket you have it looks sturdy enough. Straighten it out, cut and reweld if needed and clean up the welds.

RICH B likes this.
  4. samdjr74

samdjr74

It's actually pretty bad. The arm with the adjustment slot is twisted, probably because it's been sitting on an angle for so long. But I do have an idea. I have a Saginaw bracket for a 318. The mounting holes line up but the angle are all wrong. I may take that bracket, cut a wedge piece out of the bottom and weld the seam up. That might just do it.

5. samdjr74

samdjr74

Hey all,

Just wanted to follow up with this. I ended up making my own bracket. I took a late 60's small block mopar bracket, cut it in half, took a wedge out of the center and welded it back up. Now My pump sits straight, got plenty of room for adjustment so the belt is tight and the belt tracks right. Not bad for some shade tree mechanics.!

Thanks,
    Sam

new1.jpg new3.jpg new4.jpg