Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sad discovery someone Stole my 1932 California Plates

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Limey Steve, Feb 11, 2011.

1. gasheat

gasheat
    from Dallas

There has to be someone who has a pic of the display case to get the plate number.

2. moefuzz

moefuzz

Sorry to hear about things like this.
    32 plates in pairs can sure be hard to come by.
    I have some singles but could never acquire a pair (especially up here in the great white north)
    and from what I understand you need both plates to register in California?
    No?
    So they really are much more usable/valuable as a pair.
    I would doubt that whoever took them is going to sell them at a swap meet.
    As a pair, I would imagine that someone "needed them" for their 32
    and they're not about to flog them for quick cash
    Heck, they could have taken the stewart warner stuff or other easily sold treasures
    if they just wanted to turn some $$$..
    Get on those numbers and alert the local police and DMV.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  3. I wonder if it was the same "hot rod" guy that paid the lowlifes to steal the blower from the Early Ford Store. . .

4. I looked through all my pic's,Steve. This is the only plate visable in any of them.
    [​IMG]

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

Would someone "steal" them to restore and then return them as a supprise, sort of an "Overhauling" type deal? If not, someone neads to geat a beating.:mad:

6. Damn, that's terrible Steve. I know you do have some very neat stuff in the store on display, especially some old trophies some old fart gave you. :D Sad that you have to lock up things to protect it from people you thought you could trust. It's not the world we grew up in. :(

7. <FANG>

<FANG>
    from W.L.A.

Sorry to hear Steve. Hope you get them back
    Not to one up you but while living in Venice Ca
    I spotted some guy removing the rear plate from
    My Austin FX4 that was parked out front of my house
    By the time I got out the door he was half way down the block
    Caught up to him and demanded my plate
    He explained that he was from France and wanted a souvenir
    From America
    Yes I got my plate back

8. I doubt it. I've always kept the "hands off stuff that isn't yours" motto. All of the cool places that i've been to,KiwiKevs,Bobby Waldens,Tom Sparks house,and so many others,where the trust of the visitors is all about the Honor System,it's just sad to think someone would take advantage of such kind hosts. Real stab in the back,if you ask me!!!!
    I'll look again...maybe there's something I missed.

9. hitman912

hitman912
    BANNED

Well, I'm a left-leaning member and I say we should cut their balls off and make them watch while they are tied up. Never mess with another man's car (or car parts).

10. 94hoghead

94hoghead

Thievin Bastards!

11. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Steve, Sorry for your loss. Hope they either get caught or fess up and return them.
    Kind of like the Old Ford Store having a vintage blower stolen during store hours. Just proves how stupid and inconsiderate these people are. Thieves SUCK !

Dave

12. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Sorry it hurts when you trust people and have to find out how sorry some of them can be . I hope there was some rust on them and the get tetnus from scratching themself or just their member and it falls off from gan green . Nothing is worse than a damb thief I have had stuff stolen from me too me. Maybe hell will be full of them !!f k em

13. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

My place is a mess, more than once I have misplaced a part and accused others (under my breath) only to find said part where I placed or hid it last and forgot. On two occasions it was someone else. Your shop is spotless so I know this must not be the case! Hope they show up even if it's mysteriously!

14. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

The increasing rate of theft within our "small" community is sickening. It has even affected smaller marques such as Studebaker Clubs and other low profile groups. WTF has happened to the hobby?

15. DMFB

DMFB

Sorry man, it does suck when someone takes advantage of you. Especially when it is right in front of your face. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

16. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

I'm hoping Andrew ,here at work, has a shot or someone visiting during the GNRS may have taken a shot at the case & got the number so it can be traced, they are a one off after all, really sucks.As you all know it's the feeling that one thieving bastard spoils it for all . No where near the value of the Frenzel blower set up but still the same feeling of betrayal by our peers & fellow Hot Rodders.

17. fuzzface

fuzzface

Was Denise there? She takes great pictures of everything. I would contact everyone you can think of that was there to see if they did get a picture of them.

You didn't post any pictures over on the man cave thread or shop threads that they might appear on by any chance?

Hope you get them back. Make sure to list the number here when you find them and I'll keep an eye on ebay, i'm there everyday.

18. Bummer! Hate it when you trust and get burned.

19. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

I have had this happen to me years ago. I hope you get your plates back.

20. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

and to think whoever took them will come around sooner or later and look you in the face like nothing is wrong..... can't trust anybody these days......so sad

21. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Sadly it seems that we hear of this happening more and more . A few screw it up for the rest . Good luck on the recovery.

22. historynw

historynw

I'd report them stolen ASAP, the thief sure would have a lot of explaining to do then.

23. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

Denise collect licence plates too....hmmmm. (Just Kidding)

24. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

Steve,

I hope you moved them and just forgot where you put them. You are getting old after all.

I have 5 sets of 1932 plates that are consecutive numbers. You can have one of my sets.

John

25. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

So Sorry Steve....Thieves suck.

26. aircoup

aircoup

post those numbers theyll turn up

27. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Thanks guys , it's the principle that sucks . Opening a case to take what isn't yours just is not cool .Thanks John , it's not about the plates I don't "need " them it's just that some one we welcome into our place has the nerve to steal stuff. BTW I don't think I moved them , I did scour the shop before posting my rant & yes I am getting old.

28. I always thought your cases were locked, besides it's not cool to paw someone elses stuff.....that's why my hands are always behind my back when i go in for a closer look at things. I know it's the principle but i have some single plates if the spot needs to be filled.

29. I feel terrible for you Steve, I hate having anything stolen. I FU*kin hate thieves, especialy when its one of our own.

30. choptvan

choptvan

Wow. Lame. What is it all coming to? Seriously?