Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sad day at the Ford Barn

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bobj49f2, Apr 5, 2010.

1. KIRK!

KIRK!

I have sent an offer to pick up where she is leaving off. I hope it turns into something. Ford Barn needs to live and I'd be honored to take over and continue the legacy.

2. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

Wow Kirk, I hope that happens.

3. KIRK!

KIRK!

Just imagine it with search and easier to navigate ads. I love the site, but it would be amazing if it took a couple steps forward.

4. Dak Rat

Dak Rat
    from NoDak

Hell, its my homepage! Learned just about everything I know about flatheads there. I hope someone takes it over and hopefully adds a "search" feature that works, like the one here.

5. -Brent-

-Brent-

And some of us "bastards" that aren't, hahaha. :D

That would be cool, Kirk!, minus the homoerotic leather layouts and pipe massaging photos. :D

6. xmacx

xmacx
    from illinois

Thats horrible news I have bought many parts from that great site. Someone else should start a new one for sure!

7. KIRK!

KIRK!

I'd keep it a SNUGGLE©-free environment. :D

8. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

I've got my fingers crossed for ya!! That would be awesome!:cool:

9. hellonwheels

hellonwheels

There are untold amounts of info on that site - restoration tips and info that ABSOLUTELY apply to hot rodding from the older guys that live and breathe V8 Fords.

Example: The proper procedure for assembling the front end sheetmetal of a 36 Ford without chipping fresh paint, with all the little tricks and tips that NO old Ford book will tell you, the kind of info an idiot like me HAS to have!

This is one example of a million. What a shame. Bought at least half of the parts for my project on there too, I'm bummed...

10. I too am a huge fan of Ford Barn and would hate to see it go.

I hope someone steps in and takes over, I would hate to see the site end.

11. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Here's hoping that either Ryan or Kirk gets to continue the legacy. That's one of the first sites I heard about when I got a computer (which I swore I would never do:rolleyes::))

Frank

12. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

I emailed Shelly right after I saw her post this morning to see if there was a way I, or some one else, could continue the site. Haven't heard back yet, I would assume her mailbox is falling off the desk top with messages.

13. go kirk! great info site and it's ready for a few upgrades. really be losing a great site if it goes away.

14. gtnrkix

gtnrkix

I hope someone makes it happen! It's the second best site on the web!

15. GARY?

GARY?

I hope it can stay alive. Such an awesome sire.

16. What ! Love that site, scored my Crestliner steering wheel from
    there and other 40 sedan delivery stuff also. Wealth of information on it, hope someone can save it.

17. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I'll do whatever I can to keep ford barn alive... I'm working on it fellas...

18. you rule ryan!!!

19. Is that the Cavelry I hear?

20. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

If you go to the site and click on classifieds (late model) they are fishing for a replacement to take it over,hope some one does they have been on my daily visit list for some time.

21. Ryan and Kirk RULE! Help it survive!

22. 29 bones

29 bones
    from so cal

yes its a great site,use it all the time....hope someone takes over and takes a step further....
    good luck to the fellas working on making it last....
    Brian

23. The37Kid

The37Kid

I hope it gets saved, I wasn't an active user, but I did enjoy a few visits there.

24. someone is going to have a Monopoly ;)

25. x Eleventy billion. Format totally turns me off, and all the spam you get when you post an ad completely kept me from posting more. Hopefully someone will take this over and realize the potential that is out there and get with the program, format wise.

And here is the man to make that happen that understands this potential. That would completely rule Ryan.

26. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

I think the format keeps a lot of people off the site that would normally be there just clogging up the knowledge :rolleyes:

Search would be helpful though.

27. Thanks Ryan, it's a great site ....

28. Ryan,,,With your knowledge of how to build and improve web sites and your proven track record with Atomic Industry the possibility's would be endless.

The Ford Barn would be a great name to add to your already impressive resume :) HRP

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  29. sololobo

sololobo

This is a reminder how much effort and dedication it takes to keep one of these forums rollin. Take a moment to reflect on the great stuff we have here, and appreciate it all a little more!! Yes friends, we are blessed. ~Sololobo~