Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage RWYB at Silver Dollar Raceway, Reynolds ,GA Oct. 29, 2016

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty old man, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Picked up the shirts, they are bad ass! 1026161853a[1].jpg 1026161854[2].jpg

loudbang likes this.
  2. allwilly

allwilly

Any chance of getting my hands on a couple xl?

3. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Yes sir, see ya Saturday.

allwilly likes this.
  4. sss

sss

Gosh darn it, I am in nc for work and didn't realize this was going on. Going to miss out on a killer shirt and killer cars.

5. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Just checked Accuweather.com and Sat. is forecast at high of 85*low of 55* Sunny, same for Sun.

6. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Gonna be a warm one, at least no rain. My tee shirt guy did me right, so, all shirts are $10!!! See everybody in 2 days!

Dog_Patch and GAOldsman like this.
  7. BAD A

BAD A

BAD A is locked & loaded. We are leaving Nashville around 2:00, Friday our time. Got our rooms. And looking forward, to meeting you guys. And having some good old grudge racing. I will be like Wendy's. get a # and get in line. We will run anyone. 1/8. We may not win. Be we will race.:):):):):)

8. BAD A

BAD A

Can you carry passengers, down the track???? I have 2 helmets.

9. I guess it depends on what safety equipment you have and how fast you run. I ran high 13's at 100 mph and after all day of full runs with a passenger then they tell me I'm too fast for a passenger. So for you, I'd venture to say probably not, even if you shut down at half track.

10. BAD A

BAD A

I have a cage & harness style seat belts. Plus I am only going to run 1/8 mile. Is there someone, at the track I can call and ask?

11. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Bad A , all I can tell you is bring the helmet and ask, as the extra helmet shouldn't take up too much space;)
    Now I HAVE SOME IMPORTANT INFO:
    For quite some time there has been heavy road work going on from around exit 231 down to about exit 218 on I75 North and South on I75. They are adding lanes in the median and all sorts of shit and it's a big mess. This IS BELOW I285.
    The local paper here carries a summary of lane closures, etc. planned for the weekend on Thur. obtained from GA DOT. What they had in today's paper sounds pretty much like I75 will be a gigantic cluster fuck all weekend!
    Best way to avoid is to exit off I75 at exit 235 onto US41-19 Jonesboro exit. Things will be congested with red lights, etc for several miles then open up pretty well on to Griffin.
    Taking the bypass at Griffin, DO NOT TAKE BUSINESS ROUTE, on lower side you will come to intersection where US41 and US 19 seperate, with 41 going to Barnesville, and 19 to Zebulon.
    If you go 41, the divided 4 lane continues to Barnesville, then you take US341 to Roberta, on a good 2 lane, then turn right on GA 128 to Reynolds, also a good 2 lane, at the junction of GA 128 and GA 96. Track is to West and Hotel is to East.
    If back at the lower side of Griffin, you take the right turn on US19 S, you have 4 lane all the way, except you have surface streets w/o bypass thru Zebulon, small town, and Thomaston, small, but not as small as Zebulon, and Butler, very small, but busy speed cop. Below Butler you take GA 96 East to Reynolds, with track on Western out skirts and hotel past main intersection to the East, still on GA 96.
    From the Northeast, such as SC, or NE Ga, I think it would be wise to avoid I75 till you get down to exit 218 or below.
    If you're coing from the NW, about all I can say is the same as NE , stay off I75 between exits 231 and 218.
    All these small towns I have mentioned have very agressive speed cops, so watch your speed limits.

GAOldsman, loudbang and Dog_Patch like this.
  12. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

It's almost that time! 156519_444394518945871_1751678991_n.jpg

GAOldsman likes this.
  13. BAD A

BAD A

We are heading out. See you their.

loudbang, GAOldsman and Floater03 like this.
  14. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Tracks open tonight for test-n-tune, might get your question about riders answered then.

GAOldsman likes this.
  15. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Up early, so lets get this to the top and get the day started DSCN0010.jpg

GAOldsman likes this.
  16. Really had a great time and couldn't have asked for better weather and better folks to hang out with.

Thanks to all that made the haul and I will have some great pictures to post up when I get a chance to upload them.

RWYB #11 is in the books and I hope to have many more with the help from all of you.

Floater03 and allwilly like this.
  17. BAD A

BAD A

Had a good time.

GAOldsman likes this.
  18. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Bad A, good to meet you finally, didn't get a chance to talk much as when you were running I was trying to figger out why BGII went sour, and you left before I even realized you were going to not stay for after race trophies and other festivities. GA Oldsman has all the particulars but I think you and/or your friend with the turbo truck would have been awarded some trophies if you had stayed. I never actually even got to see you run.

loudbang likes this.
  19. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Had a blast, even without a car this year. Thanks to all who made the haul and looking forward to doing it again for #12!

20. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

21. allwilly

allwilly

Had a great time as always! Big thanks to Scot and Dom for putting on such a great show!

Dog_Patch and GAOldsman like this.
  22. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Where's the pics?

23. Soon brother

24. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

Awesome event. Probably the largest yet. Thanks to Scot and DOM for providing the venue. Lots of great cars.

Hats off to the T shirt man.

Floater03 and GAOldsman like this.
  25. Had a great time and a great turnout. Thanks to all that came and a big thanks go out to the SFCC's for crafting some pretty cool trophies this year, Mark for the shirts, Jimmy for procuring the grill for us again this year, DOM for all he's done and is one of the best organizers and cat wranglers I know and to all that contributed to the evening's feast especially Tony & Kim as they went above and beyond. Also would like to thank Quain for helping Bobby. Quain is a great guy with a great passion and a big heart.

I still envision this tradition to carry on, but with the sale of the track, unfortunately RWYB's future is up in the air. DOM and I will do whatever we can with the help of Ed to continue our show for years to come. And hopefully get bigger and better yet.

It has taken a village to keep this thing going and it seems as if even though we are in our 11th year of hosting RWYB, we are still learning as we go. We aren't professional, we don't charge a dime to participate and we don't make a dime, the track admission or tech card monies all go to the track. With that said, this year the trophies were heavy and bulky and we did not require people to register so we weren't going to or ever start holding or shipping trophies for people that aren't there to participate with the ceremonies.

DSC02575.JPG

DSC02489.JPG

DSC02490.JPG

DSC02493.JPG

DSC02494.JPG

DSC02498.JPG

DSC02499.JPG

DSC02501.JPG

DSC02502.JPG

DSC02504.JPG

DSC02505.JPG

DSC02506.JPG

DSC02507.JPG

DSC02508.JPG

DSC02511.JPG

DSC02512.JPG

DSC02513.JPG

DSC02515.JPG

DSC02516.JPG

DSC02517.JPG

DSC02518.JPG

DSC02519.JPG

DSC02521.JPG

DSC02523.JPG

DSC02525.JPG

DSC02526.JPG

DSC02528.JPG

DSC02530.JPG

allwilly, Floater03, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  26. Here is the new photo of DOM getting an apron

866634-751-72.jpg

27. Bad A was there and I missed him???

28. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Yeah Josh, he was there and made some quick runs early. Pic of his truck is in the series GA Oldsman posted that also has the pics of your '57 Chevy wagon, which I never really got a chance to look over.
    GA Oldsman was keeping track of all the times etc. but IIRC he and his friend with the turbo truck both would have gotten trophies iff'n they hadn't left before the awards! Forget which was which, but I think one of them had fastest street legal ET and the other fastest reaction time! But as Scot alluded to earlier the trophies would not be awarded to people not present as shipping those montrosities we built would have beeen an expensive PITA.

loudbang likes this.
  29. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Just wanted to get back on here and say thanks to all who made this years RWYB what it was, a good time with some real good people. Tony, I will shoot you the shirt guys info when I'm at home.

Dog_Patch likes this.