Register now to get rid of these ads!

RUSTY vs. PAINTED.. which looks better?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Teep, Mar 30, 2010.

1. jchav62

jchav62

I agree. :cool:

2. What's with the HAMB lately? ... all these darn "opinion poll" threads: "Rusty vs. Painted" ... "Coupe vs. Roadster" ... "Most influential Rod of the past decade" ... "Deuce Grille Shell & the Mona Lisa" ... Blonde vs. Brunette ... Chocolate vs. Vanilla ... etc., etc.

What ever happened to the good ol' days when guys posted the all important "Just Like the '50s" questions? (Best place to buy Dickies, Where should I hang my fuzzy dice?, Cuffing Your Pants 101, Rockabilly hairstyles: slicked back or a pompadour?, etc., etc.) :rolleyes: :D

... but to answer Teep's question ... P A I N T

3. I think everybody's car should be all rusty.

That way, even the shitty paint on my junk looks pretty decent!

BTW, Teep, your car looks tits.

-Bill

4. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Paint. Mine will get it.

5. HA HA HA I remeber that shit!

6. Teep

Teep
    BANNED
    from Travis AFB

damn right. she sure as hell doesn't get pampered. chips, dings, scratches- bring em on!

7. Rusted vs. painted.... I said painted so it won't rust away.

I wish I remember that... Because I would have started a thread call "where can I get NOS toilet paper to be really really rockabilly"

8. KIRK!

KIRK!

Cool! Man, there's a whole lot right about that car. Nice job!

9. Your car looks better painted. Not only does it look better, I see it as preserving a valuble relic. To deliberately leave great old tin to the mercy of the elements would be ashame.

Nice oldstyle roadster, BTW. :)

10. Looks good either way.

11. DAVEG2

DAVEG2

I like the paint.

12. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

Have to say paint.....Looks great and love it...

13. flat34pu

flat34pu

the plan

14. lazyv8

lazyv8

Paint sucks.. if it were mine I'd channel it 3feet and of coarse paint the "rims" red. With a 12 foot long tiki shifter. For real. I heard that badass club the KREEPY RATZZ C.C. are lookin for a prez. !

15. krooser

krooser

I liked it better when it was pink...oops I forgot I promised not to tell...:eek:

16. -Brent-

-Brent-

Too funny. :D

17. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Paint, paint, paint. That's why...back "in the day"... guys would paint cars with brushes, masonjars with spray lids run from engine cylinder compression, and Mom's good old Electrolux or other vacuum cleaner with the spray attachment.
    Rust and holes and such were not badges of "whatever" as they are today, they were not cool at all.

18. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

PAINTED! looks amazing!

19. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

wait! you mean rat rods are not traditional? i don't believe you??:D

20. you can clear an overpass with yoiur shifter, you ain't cool. Just like the 50s Bro!(sarcasm):D

21. lazyv8

lazyv8

heheheeee..

22. Teep

Teep
    BANNED
    from Travis AFB

hell yeah! i heard those kreepy ratz guys have some pretty cool shit. if i changed the grill to a tractor one and got some sweet spider web pinstriping on the wheels, do u think they would let me in?

23. ironfly28

ironfly28
    from Orange, CA

Okay so................Maybe I'm the dumbass but I see 5 pages of dudes giving their opinion over paint versus rust and what i saw in the post was a guy who was looking for other cars that people drove around in rust/bad original paint/primer spots and other gross finishes while they built their car and now have a good final paint job/finish on them and have yet to se anyone come up with examples....
    So there's your answer Teepster. I guess everybody else painted their car before they drove it around.

24. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

I agree ironfly...you are a dumbass. What was the question?

JK man...but I do have to agree that olskoolrodders avatar looks like a rat rod!!!

25. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Seems to me I remember seeing a pic of it and it was pretty nice. I have NO idea what thread that was one. GNRS maybe? Mooneyes?

26. olskool34

olskool34

Really like the paint, I myself have a 29 with original paint, it is a survivor and I'm having a hard time deciding what to do as far as repainting it or leaving it alone. Your roadster is Beautiful with paint!

27. Stu55

Stu55
    from Dallas Tx

Bla Bla Bla, who gives a rats ---. If you like paint, paint it. If you don't , don't. It's whats you want and what anyone else thinks doesn't make a bit of difference. I have a nice painted one and a nice patina, paint, rust(no rust thru) one. I personally like the patina one much better. Don't have to worry about scratches, stone chips, waxing, buffing, polishing etc, or the fact I might get caught out in the rain and have to spend a week cleaning it up, including the powdercoated frame etc,etc. If your worried about what other people like, your in trouble because were all different. Stop sucking up and build what you want and tell everybody else to kiss your hinney. It's sort of like the thread on rat rod verses traditional. To many people with too much time on their hands who just want to bitch about something.

28. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

There once was this guy that was very prophetic, his name was Neil Young, he said "rust never sleeps", he was right. Rust is stupid, to let it stay on a car is dumb. Paint is the way to do it.

But just to help you newbs out, and that even counts those that joined in '06, it was found a long time ago that High Life makes the best PEE-tina.

29. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

Back in the day...Blatz was the PEE-tina king. That stuff was so caustic it would rust the cans from the inside out!!!