Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Rusty 47 Ford Reserection

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by koolkemp, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Great progress, Man!!!! I can't believe how far this has come!!!!

2. koolkemp

koolkemp

Thanks Jim!

Thanks Andy! Its mostly money that's gonna decide the road worthy date but I am really hoping to have it at the Nats in Moncton this year!

Thanks Scribe! keep tuning in and I will keep broadcasting :D

Thanks Ricky! I haven't stopped working on it , but sometimes it doesn't feel like I am making any progress :eek: and lots of little things don't translate well to crappy iphone pics lol! Feeling pretty good since I decided to try the gluten free thing , dropped over 40lbs , the chronic pain is way better, lots more energy and alertness as well! Now that my layer of insulation is a lot thinner I can feel the cold a lot more :p

Thanks ! Last time I looked the Nomad was looking good how has it been running ?

3. koolkemp

koolkemp

Thanks Travis! Real paint at least on the outside is a ways off, I wanna do a few more things custom that can be done while its a driver...yes get back on yours ,I need the motivation :D

Thanks Bugsy! I have to look back at the pics every once in awhile to remind myself that I have gotten lots done !

4. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hell yea, brother! Good news to see you back at it! Love this build.

5. JAWS

JAWS

mmmmmm vicarious building at it's best.

6. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"Feeling pretty good since I decided to try the gluten free thing."
    Good...it worked!

"...dropped over 40lbs."
    Damn! Steve, you're an inspiration in more ways than just your building skills.

"The chronic pain is way better, lots more energy and alertness as well!"
    Absolutely AWESOME! I'm very very happy for you.

"Now that my layer of insulation is a lot thinner I can feel the cold a lot more." :p
    Haha! Hey...small price to pay for good health and feeling so much better!

And as far as the coupe goes, I am so looking forward to seeing it finished in the not-too-distant future. (as I'm sure many others here are too) When that day comes, we'll all need to have one hell of an online Hamb celebration! Lol! To think of what you started with, and where it is now, and then what it'll eventually become. Man!

All the best, buddy. - Rick :)

7. spiders web

spiders web

Ok, I just spent three and a half hours reading this thread. Started thinking cool 4 dr and nice save. Then you went all cycho on me and changed to coupe. Way cool!!! You are in the running for most creative over the top wacko award. I'm subscribed and watching.

8. koolkemp

koolkemp

Hopefully progress will start to become more apparent over the next few months!

Glad I could be of assistance :p

Thanks Ricky ! Don't worry when it fires up for the first time the video will be rolling !!

Thanks Spidersweb !

9. Brendan1959

Brendan1959

Oh no the pictures have gone, just bought a 46 that needs sills and thought lucky I have subscribed to Koolkemps Rusty 47 Ford Reserection, he shows what to do, looked at the thread and no pics!
    Brendan

10. DtroitDinosaur

DtroitDinosaur

Yeah we want the pics back. Great thread!

11. koolkemp

koolkemp

ya they want money for me to upload and link to anymore pics on my account and I don't have a credit card to make it easy,anyone want to sponsor the thread lol? I will get it sorted . Its funny they sent me an email saying I was approaching my free bandwidth, then a couple of hrs later without doing anything I had apparently exceeded it lol!

12. Open multiple gmail accounts and use those to open multiple PB accounts, then divvy up the images across all those accounts. The end game is to spread out the traffic over a wider area.

13. Tell us your doing something on the Ford at least Steve !! Whats up ?

14. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Or just use Picasa. Have never paid one penny and have quite a bit uploaded there. Of course, you are committed to PB on this thread. But future threads . . . :)

15. You should use www.flickr.com. You get a terabyte of space on the free account with no view count issues. On my pro account which is $35/year, I have well over 11 thousand pics posted on there with nearly 2 million views so far and have never had a problem in 10 years. Easy to manage, upload and share. I am CCCSTL on there if you care to look at my pics.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  16. Iam149

Iam149
    from Texas

Just finished the thread. I found it Monday and I've been reading it while I "work". Just sitting here is killing me... must go weld...

17. koolkemp

koolkemp

I opened another photobucket account and will try and get some pics up this weekend, the old furnace in the shop died last weekend so if spring doesn't show up soon I can't prime or paint till it's warm enough...

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

18. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

How about the mechanicals? If I remember correctly you had a running 350 sbc and trans.

19. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

Glad to see some movement at the station, I look forward to some updates!

20. koolkemp

koolkemp

How about a decent 305 lol? Unless a cheap or free 350 falls in my lap this is it for now. My likely to remain unfulfilled dream would be to shove a vintage nailhead or caddy in it someday just to confuse people a bit more :D I do have some 283 valve covers and intake for it but that kinda stuff can wait till its drivable, I got enough to keep me going with out adding more work:rolleyes:

21. koolkemp

koolkemp

Its coming I promise!

Glad I could help you through the work week ! I get withdrawal's if I go to long without welding....I need help :p

22. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

Way to stay focused, the motor replacement will be a piece of cake compared to what you have done so far.
    I have a similar plan for a build 283 to add to my car, but for now the 235 is just fine and matches the original.
    Glad to hear you are making progress.
    Like the rest, looking forward to some visual proof

23. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

Greetings koolkemp!...been following your build, what a resurrection ,my hats off to you, on a different note you lost 40 lbs and feel better, did you cut out all carbs or just the gluten?...any info would be appreciated ( I feel like crap way to much anymore and my energy level is 10% of what it used to be) ......hope to see rusty done soon!

24. All I can say is you got some serious talent.

koolkemp likes this.
  25. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Hey Steve, I hear ACDC is working on a new album and world tour, would a CD from them fire up the jets?

26. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

27. koolkemp

koolkemp

Not a chance lol! They recorded without Malcolm, Brian was bad enough, but without Mal that really only leaves 2 orig members , I just have to chuck on any Bon Scott era to get pumped !

28. koolkemp

koolkemp

Yes I am still alive!
    I know I haven't been keeping things up here and I apologize! I haven't done too much since early spring other than ,cleaning and painting little things on the 47, I did a lot of work on the ol 64 Pontiac and other stuff around the house etc . My wife works the overnight shift so I cant stay out too late cause my daughter is too young ...but after the Atlantic Nats this past week (first real show I went to in the last 2 years) Im pretty pumped to get back on the car ,gonna sell my Dodge pick-up to buy the wife a new beater and hopefully have a few $ left over for the car. The bad news is Im not real fond of the "new" site here and haven't really learned how to use it properly let alone post pics. I was too slow and the site was upgraded before I could upload the few pics you guys hadn't seen ,procrastination doesn't pay lol! I plan to get the front clip and doors back on after I do a few things around the engine, seeing it in one piece and looking like a car again is what I need to see so that's my main focus in the next few weeks ,so gimme some time to figure out this new site and I will get some pics up.

Copper Top, OahuEli and Peanut 1959 like this.
  29. koolkemp

koolkemp

When you try full on gluten free it pretty much eliminates most carbs, its mind boggling how much processed food contains wheat or gluten! I am now down about 60 lbs, was about 235 now I am at about 170, was a 44 waist now the 32's I have on are kinda loose. Feeling way better and the removal of the gluten has really cut my appetite Im not near as hungry as I always used to be, not constantly thirsty either like I was, not easy for the first bit but if you are overweight and feel shitty what do you got to loose but some fat? There is a great book called Wheat Belly , gives a really good view of what it does to your body and why its bad for human consumption.