Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Rusty 47 Ford Reserection

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by koolkemp, Apr 17, 2010.

1. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

I'm going to be cruzin by your place on Sunday and might stop in, if you are around. It will probably be late morning, near noon. No trailer this time though. But I hope to have a loaner MIG in my trunk. I might actually be able to get some stuff done. :)

Gee.. I thought I spilled some secret here.. but post #639 by Hackerbilt beat me to it.

GizmoJoe (real name: I. M. Short)

2. koolkemp

koolkemp

3. koolkemp

koolkemp

Thanks but it aint that smooth:eek: still gonna take a skim of mud and lots of block sanding but I will do all of that at once when the car is in one piece...

4. Trukcrazy

Trukcrazy

I, too, have just read through every page of this. It is hard to believe what you began with and what you have now. Very inspiring to say the least. Will be watching this for the finish.

5. Rocket56

Rocket56

awesome build , after seeing this I think you must be related to Fitz ..This has to be motivation for his Flatliner . People who live in Cali must think we are nuts to build such rusty cars , I guess if we all started with clean sheet metal there would be no Fun . Again great job !!!

6. koolkemp

koolkemp

Thanks guys ! I have the 49 Plymouth rear bumper almost mounted , I will add some pics this weekend!

7. fitzee

fitzee

Slow down man!! I need to catch up. Looks great.

8. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

HEY...watch it there buddy!
    Steves a great guy. No way he's related to that "fitzee" fella! :D:D:D

Lookin' good Steve. ;)

9. koolkemp

koolkemp

Nothing to thrilling but the bumper is mounted ! I have decided to make my own molded in gravel pan . It was the pain in the ass i knew it would be to get the bumper aligned and mounted due to the difference in height with the S10 chassis , but it wont fall off and I can stand on it without it moving .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Zed

Zed
    from FRANCE

Thanks ! but i'm working on some old french shit :D cheaper than american iron, but a pain in the ass to make them look kool ! but that's why it's kool ! :cool:

11. JAWS

JAWS

I really like the way that looks. Keep up the progress, I have this need to watch other peoples progress...

12. machineguneddies

machineguneddies
    from NJ

Wow...I can't wait to see more pictures!!! This car is looking awsome!!! I love the detailed pictures, it is the best step by step process I have seen!

13. junkfordgy

junkfordgy
    from florida

Hi and again thanks much for this thread. I don't have a rear door for my 47 and am looking for one, But like you said from the start I've learned alot just by doing it and figure I can come up with a home made that should look pretty good. In large part thanks to you I just keep banging bending and welding till it looks right and haven't bought a factory patch panel in a long time and saved hundreds. I would like to ask you if you have any pictures of how you reworked the inner front fender panel's to fit the S10 frame. Hope to see more on your build soon Thanks.

14. joel torres

joel torres

man the body patching time is coming up and i still feel lost i'l just stare at your photos for a while
    looking good steve

15. fitzee

fitzee

Hay my turn to rag on you....... where is a update?? inquire minds want to know!!

16. koolkemp

koolkemp

Lol I was waiting for this :rolleyes: I have actually been doin some stuff to the garage itself...remember I have no "real" electricity , I scored some free cable to finally get a proper line from the house out to the shop, also scored a freebie 100 amp fusebox ( I have no money lol can you tell?) so Over the last couple of weekends I cleaned up and reorganized the pigsty , hung some outlet boxes and the fuse panel got a couple of lights installed ...hope fully I can get the basic wiring all done before November, then I can even get abit of insulation in and try and stay a little warmer than the last 2 winters...the warmer I can keep it the more work I can get done this winter. That being said I got my Lokar column shift linkage installed on the ol 58 Chevy column and started on the missing front floor section. I should have it done by the end of the week and will get some pics up then...also went to the rain soaked swap meet in Moncton last Sat with Flatheadfever...lottsa really overpriced crap and some overpriced cool stuff as well, all I bought was a kit to seal up the old 55 chevy gas tank I am using, gonna finish that install next so I can get it sealed up before its too cold out....wow this is my 1st update without pics ...feels weird !!

17. newfalconowner

newfalconowner
    from NS Canada

i spent the weekend cleaning my garage too, i can actually walk around my car,, not sure if you remember how "messy" it was,lol

Attached Files:

18. I was also wondering what was up, no recent updates. If I am able and God is willing I will be at the Atlantic Nationals next year to see your coupe and Fitz's Flatliner parked together. I was watching videos on youtube a couple of nights ago and saw your 64 and it too looks good.

19. koolkemp

koolkemp

Someone told me it was on there but I couldnt find it when I looked, could you get me a link for it? I will get a few pics up for the weekend wont be anything too exciting lol!

20. koolkemp

koolkemp

Oh I remember...thats how mine looked for the better part of the last year !

21. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  22. fitzee

fitzee

Cool video_Only problem is the two fools next to koolkemp`s car!!!!

23. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Speak for yourself Tex! LoL :)

24. koolkemp

koolkemp

Well nothing too special but heres a couple of pics for you pic whores
    :D:D

Cant really see much in the 1st pic but I got the Lokar column shift linkage hooked up to the 58 Chevy X 3 spd column , pretty straight forward install well worth the money ! With that out of the way I could get started on the front floor section to replace the long gone original...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got this done over the last week and a half in between a million other things, other than the bit of trunk floor I have to fab to drop down to the tailpan all of the floor repair is DONE ! I am gonna re-install the 55 Chevy gas tank next and make up my mind on how to route the fill neck and if I can use the orig Ford filler door location or if I have to come up with something new ...stay tuned for updates!

25. fitzee

fitzee

Floors finshed!! Man i have some catching up to do. I still have no floors!! Looks good

26. banditomerc

banditomerc

C'mon Steve,give me more!:D....Looking good!

27. JAWS

JAWS

You're a tease!!!!!

great work man, looking kick ass. Nice job on the dash and the column.

28. toddc

toddc

OK. You talked me into it :D

29. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

The rest of the car was that rusted and there were some good floor left? I'm amazed. Guess I just don't understand rust belt cars.

30. koolkemp

koolkemp

I was really surprised how good the main part of the floor was as well, the p/o had pulled out all the carpets so it didnt get and stay wet...of coarse he through them in the trunk and there was no back window in it so pretty much the whole trunk floor was rotted away :rolleyes: