Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rusted Drip Rails on my F1

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jack orchard, May 1, 2012.

1. jack orchard

jack orchard

My 1951 F1 has rusted out drip rails. Anyone have any tips on the replacement of them? Does anyone make replacement drip rail? Has anyone removed them? How did that work? How does that look? I posted this on Fordbarn with very little results. I hope to get some new ideas from the H.A.M.B. Many thanks to all for your time...jack

2. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

The bottom 6 inches or so on my '51 were rusted pretty bad when I started on it. Solution: Just cut them off and weld up the seem. It turned out just fine.

[​IMG]

3. Our solution to non existent drip rails was to fabricate something from round stock,,they need something!

We did this on a 40 sedan but the principle is the same.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146469&highlight=drip+rails

I was looking at a friends 73 Chevy truck recently and noticed that it has a drip rail that bolts on so this might be something you might look at too. HRP