Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rust repair panels for '54 Olds????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by batt69nova, Jan 26, 2012.

1. batt69nova

batt69nova
    from OR

I've done a bit of searching, but would appreciate the wisdom of the HAMB....

Any recommendation for a good sheet metal vendor for Olds patch panels?

I need complete floor pans for a 54 olds, as well as inner and outer rockers and at least lower quarters.

Think of what you'd need for the typical car that's been dragged out of a field...I'm trying to replace a lot of rusted out parts.

I was originally planning on fabbing up all the panels, since it seems like there's very little offered up for purchase, but before I take all the time and effort required for that, I thought I'd see if there was a HAMB friendly vendor that I could do business with...

Thanks for the help!

2. batt69nova

batt69nova
    from OR

3. 1954 rocket 98

1954 rocket 98

4. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

I called C2C when I was looking for floor boards for my '37 Buick. They sell pans on eBay but they only have a generic image of a floor pan on their eBay ads and on their web site. I called to find out if they would email a picture of the actual part but the person I talked was kind of evasive, IMO, and said they could sent a picture of the actual part for some reason.

My neighbor bought pans for his '51 Hudson from C2C recently and they looked really close to the factory floor in his car, all of the beads seemed to line up really nice.

The owner of C2C posts on the HAMB, he responded to a post a while back involving EMS so maybe he'll post here.

5. Flop

Flop

6. Bobert

Bobert
    Member Emeritus

I used Classic Fabrications floor pans on my '50 Olds. Good fit and the metal seemed a bit heavier than others I'd seen.

7. batt69nova

batt69nova
    from OR

Does anyone know if classic fabrication's parts are made in the USA?

Or if any of the patch panels are, for that matter? I see that Classic Fab is located in Ma, so at least I'd be dealing with a US company-I'm just curious where the parts are stamped.

I'll see if I can get a break from work while they're open (I'm on west coast) and give them a call.

8. ems customer service

ems customer service

can you post some photos of your floor pans? then i will make some comments to see if we have anything that might fit, also tell us exactly what madel , body style etc.

the ems guy

9. Flop

Flop

hey batt when my customer talked to the guy at classic fab he said all parts are made in his shop .

10. 1954 rocket 98

1954 rocket 98

here is a few pics of mine a 54 olds 98 2 door. its not in to bad a shape i think i can get away with just doing the drivers side floor pan.

Attached Files:

11. Hoodlum Rocky

Hoodlum Rocky

i just put some classic fab floor pans in my 57 desoto. They do make them up in their shop, the panels are pretty nice pieces. They are good heavy gauge metal. Iknow this is not a olds, i have a few of those but here is a pic of the desoto pans tacked in place. i would do business with them again.

Attached Files:

12. batt69nova

batt69nova
    from OR

Thanks for the help everybody!

Sorry I've been absent from the HAMB, but after the last upgrade, my account was locked out (got it all figured out now...phew).

Sounds like some good options here-thanks again for the great tips.

I like that there's a made in the US option-my olds started out domestic, and I want to keep it that way.