Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Run What Ya Brung Nostalgia Drags- Reynolds, GA Nov 8,2014

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty old man, May 30, 2014.

1. Good Idea!

HEY DOM - Can you fix the title of the thread to include the date?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  2. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Title now includes date per request.

3. High tech man! High tech.

tylercrawford likes this.
  4. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Bump for the morning crowd.

5. Not too bad this a.m. Only down 3 pages in 8 hrs. The old HAMB it would've been buried to about page 20 by now.

RWYB 2014 flyer v2 medium.jpg

New page, time for a flyer :cool:

6. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Well, it dropped 11 pages in the 16 hours since you posted! Things must be picking up on the HAMB!
    Spent some time yesterday on slicking up those old American Racing 10X15" Daisy wheels so I can mount my slicks. Since I have some time yet, I'm gonna try to do a first rate job of polishing the outer machined area that has been polished before by a previous owner. They'll fit in my big lathe now with the tires off, so if I'm ever gonna do it, I figger now is the time! Plan to leave the as cast center area unpolished, and hope that the Gibbs brand metal protectant oil will do as advertised and prevent future oxidation. Took a heavy duty application of an acid product meant for cleaning aluminum to get rid of the old oxidation "blooms" that had developed and looked like bits of popcorn stuck to the spokes

7. captmullette

captmullette

what product for cleaning DOM, and wher can I getr this gibbs stuff............
    damn keyboard cant even spill 1 beer on it without it screwing up, or did I drink that beer....hmmmmmm

8. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Bobby, send me a pm (the HAMB drop downs now call it "starting a conversation, or some such shit) with your phone number and a good time to call, and I'll call you. Too much typing, and my keyboard is sticky too! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Bump again, 5 pages in 7 hrs.

10. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Bobby, you gonna send me a number, or make me type all that info?

11. So who's comin?

12. captmullette

captmullette

13. Dave,make sure everything's tight! :D HRP

14. Me and Hope will be there

15. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Danny that drag link is now double jam nutted, and the tie rod will be soon as I get a chance to get to line up shop so's he can install nuts and set toe in all at the same time.
    We have a blast @ Silver Dollar/Reynolds wish some of you SC folks would consider the trip. Atmosphere very much like Greer or Union, just smaller.Really a first rate NHRA Sanctioned facility.
    Our campfire Sat. night is well known as a mecca of BS and excess consumption, LOL!!!!!!

16. Dom. You want me to bring toe plates when I come that way this weekend? We can set that toe.

17. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Josh,that would be a first class deal, that way if the tie rod is too long, to accept double jam nuts I'l have my lathe right there to shorten it. Capt Mulette is talking about coming to Reynolds Fri night to try his new setup on quarter mile as he doesn't have a quarter near him in FL. Supposed to let me know tomorrow. Stay in touch. If he comes up,I will most likely go to Reynolds to try to help him or spy on him. Take your pick!

18. captmullette

captmullette

wont be coming Friday dom, dammit, had something come up but ill be up before long and ill bring that hoop.....

19. OK then - Planning on making a Southern SFCC tour - Nab the Mill, Hit DOM's, Set Toe - Go to Chuck's and crawl in the shop

20. I'd really like to try and make this. So I am a maybe at this point......

21. Alright! Sounds good, who else is planning on attending? :cool:

22. The weather ain't looking too good for this weekend,I hope it improves for both the racing and the North Georgia swap meet. HRP

23. Yeah this weekend is probably going to be a bust here as well. I also saw where Quain and the Southeast Gassers have cancelled their Knoxville Dragstrip event due to the weather.

I have a few ideas for some cool awards this year. Any ideas to help with or even volunteer to make one or some would be greatly appreciated.

Redsled can you shoot me an email @ scot1@windstreamdotnet

24. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

OK, Josh, we'll meet up in am and go load the mill, back to shop, add 2 extra jam nuts on BGII's tierod and set her toe in, then we'll head for Chuck's place to see what kinda ruckus we can stir up there. If weather looks decent I'll likely drive BGII to Chuck's.
    Capt.Mullette: Sorry you can't make it tonight, but let me know when you're coming up to Reynlds and Silver Dollar Raceway to try that gear on a quarter and I'll be there to offer what help I can give, and to get that hoop, as I need to install one on BGII before RWYB. Never worried too much about one while running those skinny Cokers, but those 10.5 X 29.5 Hoosies are gonna put more strain on the driveline for sure. I've seen the damage a driveshaft can do on the way out from under a car and it ain't pretty!
    Scot, do you want me to call you when I get word fom Mullettte he's coming up for tests? Matbe you'd like to join the party!
    Danny, have fun @ the swap meet.

25. captmullette

captmullette

sounds like a plan dom, if you want ill ship it.....

26. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

No need to ship Bobby, but thx for the offer. I'd sorta like to come down to the strip when you test, and maybe Scot will show up too.

27. Sounds like a plan. Yeah Dave, Bobby will usually give me a heads up when he's heading north :cool: Ain't that right Bobby? ;) But would be good to get a second memo just for a reminder.

28. [​IMG]

Days till go time! K:cool::cool:L!!!

29. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Roger on the heads up for Mullette visit, and Roger on that photo. Looks to be Darlington. Believe it or not, I watched both those guys race along with the other 2 Flock bros., Fonty and Bob, plus many other famous old drivers such as Lee Petty, and Marshall Teague in either 52 or 53 on the half mile dirt track at Central City Park in Macon, GA.