Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rumblers show shut down

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ratrod37, Aug 20, 2011.

1. We left about 4:30 on our own and were not asked to leave.

2. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

Rumblers is the #1 show of the year.....And I literally go to 100's every season! A big Giant thank you to Brian and all the other Rumblers for all there hard work and dedication! It is a shame when stupid crap like this happens........And the NYPD should really be ashamed of themselves for there ridiculous reaction and actions. I truly hope this show lives on! Nick BronxMopars1

3. Racewriter

Racewriter

Are you fucking serious? The Hell's Angels are the 'true' motorcycle club?

4. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

There was a rumble after the very first Rumbler's car show in Orlando, a massive fistfight during Big Sandy's set with people getting sent to the hospital and jail.

And during the very first NYC Rumbler's show there was a rumble with a guy getting clotheslined off his Triumph and subsequent cop presence in droves, we had to turn our shirts inside out.

Good times I'll cherish forever.

5. lorodz

lorodz

i wait all year for this show and it gets shut down, nypd can suck it.
    i missed the big crash and fight i was in the dinner around the corner when i got back i was greeted with a big get the f- outta here by the cops who were in plain clothes next thing i know there is cops in riot gear, i was confused as to what was going on they werent given 2nd chances to get ya car outta there i was told either move it or its getting towed...i think nypd over reacted but the roller bladders looked to have double the amount or people than we did and they werent bustin there balls sucks....until next year .

6. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Nads, Do the rumblers have an upstate NY chapter?

7. It was a fabulous show! Great job Rumblers! Hopefully it will not be the end.
    I thought that within the confines of the show area there was a very calm atmosphere with no problems at all. I think the NYPD got nervous with some of the bikes and cars blasting down the parallel streets outside of the show. Think of it realistically, if there is a serious incident due to this kind of recklessness (I know, we all love watching this stuff,but..) and complaint calls were made to the NYPD and nothing was done about it, then somebody's tit is going to be caught in the wringer big time.People talk shit, but there are very few people that would step up to this responsibility. If one of those cars or bikes ran into the spectators on the side lines, someone has a huge shit sandwich to eat.
    What is the answer? I am really not sure. But there has to be a way to mediate this fairly and intelligently. Maybe they have to limit the number of entrants to satisfy the NYPD.
    The cops that came by us said to,"take your time leaving, if enough cars leave, you can stay". That says to me they were nervous by the shear numbers of participants.

8. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Once again, I would like to go back to this video taken at The Rumblers Car Show. Sure it's a completely pathetic attempt at a burn out, but it's still an attempt.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/s9v1ae2KtF0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="345" width="420"></iframe>

9. 500LBGorilla

500LBGorilla
    from Austin Tx

And he even lets that dude pour water out to wet his tires in....
    AND that's my old 55 that goes after him...

10. lorodz

lorodz

i remember that from last year.. cops suck we all know that

11. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

^ this x 2.

12. Fifty5C-Gas

Fifty5C-Gas

I love how its always the Polices' fault and never the scumbags that start the problems.....

13. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

WOW...........you seen everything first hand?

14. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

I saw what was going on out on the streets alongside the show, first hand......I'm not at all surprised that it got shut down.

15. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Exactly, nothing was going on with in the show to constitute it being shut down.

If two people got up during an intermission at "The Lion King", went outside of the venue and got into a fight, would the police sweep through The Minskoff Theater on Broadway in riot gear, shutting the entire place down?

I highly doubt it.

16. NJ Mike

NJ Mike
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NJ

I dont know but the sign I saw in the window on the corner of meeker and union could have said something about the general opinion or attitude of the neighborhood and there could have been noise complaints. I dont know as I dont live there but as far as racing on the streets, I didnt see any but I was walking thru the show - I didnt notice anything crazy. Loud exhausts, sure but more bikes than anything. Show out of control/mayhem - the englishtown swap meet is more outta control than that show was. All in all a great show with lots of interesting cars. I headed out around 2, local businesses definetly benefitted from the show as I saw on the way back to the subway. Great show Rumblers CC.
    Check the sign in the window on the left.
    [​IMG]

17. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

We went though some of the same crap last weekend with our sailboat cruising clubs annual party. The event was advertised for over six months as having over 100 boats in attendance and that we would be firing our cannons quite often. Some Yachtie that didn't do his homework ahead of time bitched about the cannons that had been previously mentioned in stories on the event in every boating publication in the PNW.[/QUOTE]

Was his boat in range ?

18. B1RDMAN

B1RDMAN

Its a kick ass show and its a shame the NYPD picked the wrong group of people to punish with shutting it down. I've been there at least 5/6 times with several different cars and last yr with one of my custom bikes to cruise and see all the sweet stuff people bring. Sometimes it gets crazy but nothing which constitutes shutting it down. IMO that is. I hope to be able to attend next yr as I just returned back in town last night at 9pm from my roadtrip home from Speedweek. We were trying to get back in time to come up but a few complications put us behind schedule...reading this really bums me out cause I came here just to see how kick ass the show was. IF you haven't been to this show under the BQE you don't know what you are missing. Its the real deal and hope its not the end of such a good thing. And if you havn't had some tacos off the Rumblers truck...man you just havn't had a taco.

19. lorodz

lorodz

i was parked directly across from the bar what ever happend with the bike crash and the fight .had nothing to do with the show, you cant control everything. its nyc inside the show was cool and calm. and the rumblers shouldnt be held accountable for something that happend out side the show, funny thing is there were nypd and nyfd walking threw the show all day they even stopped at the vendors for t shirts and other goods. they didnt seem to have any problem.

20. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

I agree, the show itself was outstanding, very mellow, everyone having a great time. No issues at all under the overpass.

2 guys fighting is a whole lot different than a few attendees doing smokey tire burnouts within the tight confines of the street. All it takes is one to lose control.....then what? Just saying, I understand why the cops got their panties in a bunch. The burn-outs are for controlled areas.....dragstrips, etc. Not the tight streets of Brooklyn.

21. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

^^ Please refer to post #99, over the last few years the cops were out there doing burnouts alongside of everyone else (well, trying to at least, the attempt is a pretty sad sight).

What's done is done, I just don't want The Rumblers getting a bad rap because of an overzealous commanding officer.

22. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

I'll assume those cops trying to do burnouts got reprimanded by their Captain. If not, they should have been. But that was a few years ago, not relevant to this past Saturday. I certainly won't be giving the Rumblers a bad rap, they put on a great show. A couple of dopey attendees isn't a reflection on the Rumblers. I'll wear my Rumblers T-shirt proudly! :)

23. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

Fair play you have manged to do this many shows and hopefully you'll do more. The Rumblers have it going on and i briefly spoke to one of your nomads at the Hayride. Top guy and liked a bourbon. Didn't catch his name or maybe that was the Jim Beam is was drinking. Fingers crossed for next year.

All the best Dan

24. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Lol, I can relate to that!

25. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

I'm just playing Devil's Advocate, everyone had a great time and the show will go on!

26. Hoptup Jalop

Hoptup Jalop

thats what i know skitching as too.

27. studhud

studhud

Hey Voodootwin were you at the bar when this "supposed" fight broke out?
    Dave Hitch
    FBBF

28. lgh1157

lgh1157

Brian , It would be great if you could get those few blocks shut down for the afternoon. Have a cruise like alot of the So Cal shows. [ or a burnout section hahaha ]

I hope the show happens next year

L

29. Spike!

Spike!

Got to meet and talk a little with Alex Gambino. Got asked to leave by some guys just doing their jobs.. sold a few vintage cameras..destroyed a couple of tires on the NJTP.. saw some amazing stuff and most of all got to see my Rumblers pals that I've made over the last ten years. A car show in the big city. Whodda thunk it? If its over, it will be missed..good times.

I met Indian Larry there in 2002..and Paul Cox..and many others..some of the coolest folks ever. Some great memories of me and my kid wandering around Brooklyn..the feeling of driving a hot rod through Manhatten..the beautiful girls..oh, the beautiful girls there... what a great city and a great club.. Thanks Rumblers.

Spike

30. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

All I do know for sure is that I had a blast and it was worth the drive 3 1/2 hour drive down from upstate NY and I will do it again.